Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: silliest DOH moment you've had?

Talking silliest DOH moment you've had?

Mo is feeling clumsy. I've done worse and you have too.

For example, I dropped my brand new 10 mile supersport on its left side in my driveway because I was not talented enough (nor tall enough) to properly execute the lowering of its kickstand. Promptly picked it up and tossed it on its right side because I'm special. I left it and went inside to have a beer, seemed logical at the time.

Roomate - "dude, did you pull in on a bike?"
    Me - "yeah"
    Roomate - "I'm going to go check it out...holy shit, did you know it's on its side?"
    Me - "yeah, got sick of picking it up" *big swig of beer
    Roomate - "you're not right"
    Me - "nope"

I've got a dozen more of these stories, what's your best?
    Last edited by cdovégo; 09-26-2014 at 01:06 PM.

I tried to kill switch Aaron (damion) and fell over at a stop light. He picked me up by the handle bar without even getting off his bike.... oh and his wife was on the back.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Loading up to go on the motorcycle mecca trip this year, after a few issues with car/trailer compatibility and discussing ducatimike's recent "trailer not hooked up, attempt to load the bike, send the trailer tongue through.the rear window" I did the exact same thing.

Luckily Jen and Haley sprung into action and kept the tongue from hitting yevs car but I was basically under the bike, half on the trailer, half on the.ground... not a great way to start a trip.

Tried to learn how to drag a knee in a parking lot. Didn't end so well and it was captured on video.

Just for talking about it, it's only a matter of time till the vid is reposted.
    Fml
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12A365 Safari/600.1.4

First one was i didnt have bike stands for the bike so i used jack stands and tried to crack the rear axle nut loose without holding onto the bike and basically pushed the bike over.
    Second time I just finished cleaning my bike and loading it onto my trailer for a trackday, I had the bike in the wheel chock not strapped down and forgot and decided to back it into my garage for overnight. Bike fell off and landed upside down.

I crashed on the first lap of my first track day of 2010. I didn't check tire pressure and I had 8 psi in the front and 10 in the rear

Last years Stowe trip, I'm old and was in the crouch position too long, legs didn't work when we stopped for lunch, Buell went down.

Thanks to Kyle, Yev, Adam, and Dr HotHead.
    I still laugh about it, don't get old kids, it sucks...
    That is all
    LRRS NOV #409

I crashed on T6 in the rain. Picked the bike up and crashed in T9.

I paid $250 or whatever it was for a penguin practice and I never completed a lap.

Beat that!

Many years ago I thought it would be cool to jump a dirt pile in my yard on a zx6r. I landed on my gravel driveway and the front tire immediately washed out. People watching got a good laugh as I picked the bike back up.

Lets see 2 weeks ago I crashed on the follow the leader lap going up MT Ascutney during the hillclimb which was hosted by my fathers work after his boss said "Nobody should fall on the FAM run its just to familiarize yourself so go slow and be safe."

Oh second time I went to Thompson I didnt secure the front wheel to the front of the trailer and hit a big bump...

Oh then I broke my tool box pulling this gem of a manuver.