Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycling Mileage "Challenge" 2015

Default Cycling Mileage "Challenge" 2015

I got really into cycling last year and plan to do even more this year. If you're interested in an alternative to lifting or a supplement to your normal work out cycling could be it.

We have 12 members now as part of our Strava (https://www.strava.com/clubs/BoRn) club but you don't have to join. Use the program you like and just post up here your mileage as you feel. Just like last year there's no prize for first. Just bragging rights and the consequence of being more fit.

Seeing others progress keeps me motivated to get out and ride; need to stay ahead! Set a personal goal or aim to best someone particular. My goal last year was to beat Chris (DrinkingMyMilk) in every Strava category .

He bested me with the longest ride of the year 103.9 miles and highest top speed 51 or 52mph I think. I think he also did the most overall elevation on the year.

I had the biggest climb of 1351ft and overall mileage 998.6.

Chris Smith had the most overall rides all mountain biking so mileage is harder to come by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    he's a social liability
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
    Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja fruit View Post
    He bested me with the longest ride of the year 103.9 miles and highest top speed 51 or 52mph I think. I think he also did the most overall elevation on the year.

I had the biggest climb of 1351ft and overall mileage 998.6.
    My goal this year is 1,500 miles. Amy's back to getting home at 7:30 so I should be able to ride much more solo this season.

When is the last day for sign ups on the Gran Fondo? I wanna do it, but I won't know if we're even going to be here for it for at least a month or two.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

You can do it upto may 15th I think. I'll check and get back to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    he's a social liability
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
    Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja fruit View Post
    You can do it upto may 15th I think. I'll check and get back to you

thanks, the stupid site is blocked from work.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Once this ice melts, ITS ON!!!!
    Knee is feeling better every time I use it, had zero issues boarding this past weekend
    LRRS NOV #409

Cycling is a lot of fun. I may have to add a mountain bike to the stable this year. We'll see. I find I don't enjoy the longer rides though. I may stick to my shorter "sprints".

We need to get some big mtb bike group rides in

I want to.get a group up to day pond state park. Its far from here, but I rode.it with my uncle a.lot.as a.kid and it was awesome.

I did 15 minutes on the recumbent stationary bike at the gym last week, does that count?
    What about the 10 minutes the physical therapist has me do on the arm bicycle?

Quote Originally Posted by JRide View Post
    Cycling is a lot of fun. I may have to add a mountain bike to the stable this year. We'll see. I find I don't enjoy the longer rides though. I may stick to my shorter "sprints".
    I'm the other way, I'll take distance over a sprint any day. 50 miles at 15-17mph no issue, 7-10 miles at 20 mph+ and just shoot me in the face.

If you grab a mtb I'll start carting both to work and we can play it by how we feel for rides. I've herd there is a lot of good trails in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by JBlanchette View Post
    We need to get some big mtb bike group rides in

Get out of work at a decent hour. I did more mountain biking last year then I've ever done before and plan on keeping that trend growing.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10