Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 First Time Track Riders

Default 2015 First Time Track Riders

Just submitted payment for my first track day (3MAY2015 ). Figured I'd start a thread for all of us who have signed up for our first track day this upcoming 2015 season. This might be a good, central place to have some questions answered by some of the track veterans and maybe see some questions from other members that you hadn't thought of yet or couldn't find it elsewhere on the forum.

I think it'd be cool for us new riders to post up what drove them to want to do this. Maybe talk about things we're nervous/concerned about for the first day and hopefully others will chime in with advice and suggestions.

I'm personally very exited about doing my first track day. After a bad crash on the street last year I sort of came to the conclusion that maybe the street isn't the best place to learn how to ride aggressively . The overall goal is to eventually attend the penguin race school and start racing in a year or two once I think I'm ready (time and money permitting). I'm a big fan of vintage bikes and think it'd be a lot of fun to compete in a vintage or 80's sportbike class (oil cooled I4s, café racers, etc.). Just some thoughts, curious to hear what others have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    If the owner decided tomorrow that we'd change business models and start selling a product that would allow you to force bees to sting babies, I'd stay there as long as they kept compensating me the same way.
    Current Track Day to Crash Ratio: 10:3

USCRA 2015 Vintage NH Schedule
    May 17,18
    June 12,13
    Sept 6,7
    Sept 18,19
    LRRS NOV #409

I remember thinking "Track riding is expensive and dumb. But what the hell, I gotta check it out once just to see what the noise is about. Just to say I've done it. What could possibly go wrong?!"

Do it. Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I remember thinking "Track riding is expensive and dumb. But what the hell, I gotta check it out once just to see what the noise is about. Just to say I've done it. What could possibly go wrong?!"

Do it. Soon.
    I thought the same. It went perfectly I think...
    ///////////////////////
    "That which you manifest is before you"
    Rada

LRRS/CCS Expert Retired #820 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack /

2012 LRRS Rookie of the Year EX 820 Tony's Track Days Facebook Group Instructor #8

Convince yourself that you are going to ride and have a good time regardless of the weather conditions.

I'll probably try and get in for that day or weekend. Track days are more fun when you have some peeps there ya know
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    I'll probably try and get in for that day or weekend. Track days are more fun when you have some peeps there ya know
    Steve just wants to watch you bump to yellow and then promptly bin it.

Crash is making crash jokes. What is this world coming to?
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650

Quote Originally Posted by BMMCBR600RR View Post
    Steve just wants to watch you bump to yellow and then promptly bin it.

Crash is making crash jokes. What is this world coming to?
    Well shit, I gotta pass that fucking torch off as fast as I can lol...

Just remember I watched you do some dirt plowing at jersey too :P
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    Well shit, I gotta pass that fucking torch off as fast as I can lol...

Just remember I watched you do some dirt plowing at jersey too :P
    True! I was competing with Mo for most lawns mowed. Except there's not much grass at Jerz.
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650

thats for sure, I felt bad for the person behind me the next session for the first lap when my suit got blown out... I was dirty as hell from that lol
    Matt V. 9/19/10