Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 First Time Track Riders

The most important piece of advice is to just have fun, followed very closely by listen to the staff. The TTD staff is made up of a bunch of knowledgeable and well trained riders who are focused on helping the customer-riders have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by downshift View Post
    As far as weather is concerned I'm not THAT concerned about it...Johnny and Kane were belly aching pretty hard the one day I came to Thompson and it was raining but I think that was just because it was too wet for the slicks they had on and not wet enough for rains.
    To put that in perspective, those are also two very experienced, very fast, and also very married with children guys who only get to ride at a handful of trackdays(at best) per year. Everyone wants to maximize their dry and fun tracktime, but riders in their situation are more sensitive to foul weather than someone like you, on the leading edge of your track riding career.

The May 3rd weekend? I plan on doing both days I think because I have some saved up PTO. Figured I don't ever take vacation days anyways, might as well use it for some back-to-back track weekends now that TTDs are on Sundays/Mondays rather than Sat/Sun.

As far as weather is concerned I'm not THAT concerned about it...Johnny and Kane were belly aching pretty hard the one day I came to Thompson and it was raining but I think that was just because it was too wet for the slicks they had on and not wet enough for rains.
    Yeah - I may aim for that. I can't really go and buy any dates right now since I'm honestly not sure what my bike situation is going to be right then.

We'll see. I'm hoping to get something more "longer ride" friendly.... So hopefully I can get a track bike out of something at some point.
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    We'll see. I'm hoping to get something more "longer ride" friendly....
    My VMax is still for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    If the owner decided tomorrow that we'd change business models and start selling a product that would allow you to force bees to sting babies, I'd stay there as long as they kept compensating me the same way.
    Current Track Day to Crash Ratio: 10:3

Learn to go fast, slowly... and have a blast!
    Central Mass Powersports #123

My VMax is still for sale
    I have no desire to own that POS...

Probably going to try and snag a newer Ninja 1000...
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Ill be there hanging out so ill lend a hand to anyone
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hold my junk? Thats what f4 guys do anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    he's a social liability
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
    Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja fruit View Post
    Hold my junk? Thats what f4 guys do anyway.
    If i can find it......no prob!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you're going with Penguin and don't want a race license or to participate in racer practice get the "track experience" not the "basic course". I was at the track experience and there was six guys in the whole class. It was pretty great not having to muddle through traffic and they said there were a lot of guys in the basic course that it was their first time or they never intended to get a race license they shoulda been in the track experience. They also coach more on riding skills in that course. The basic course is for learning the race rules. I'd suggest going with TTD all the way but he's out of NHMS this year so if you want to learn that track for your potential race career Penguin is the way to go with the most track days at NHMS.
    Signature.

Scott Greenwood does a really great job with the Penguin Track Experience. His partner in crime for that class (I never remember his name!) also gives outstanding feedback.