Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout/fitness questions...

I realize its not the intended use, but I've read some internet bro's talking about how the edges of the belt digging in (or not) act as a proprioceptive aid on the deadlift. Any sense to that? Could just be a bunch of bro's trying to defend their years of improper use of the belt.

At any rate, I will stick with my deload and work back up while focusing on my cues. I took a video after the deload, looked OK to me and no back pain. I'll record again once I've worked back up to where it broke down.

Don't get me wrong it would in theory help stabilize you depending where you put the belt but again it would really just mask an underlying issue. I haven't heard of what you mentioned but sounds like possible bro-science

sounds like snake oil horse shit to me. If your experiencing pain while deadlifting your def doing something wrong!!! As Eric stated using a belting thinking it will help will only lead to a false confidence and a back injury. Sounds like its time to start breaking down your form and get it critiqued
    everything is simple to a simple mind!!! (think about it)

Reed. a rider, a brother, a friend. though you have fallen you will never be forgotten and forever in our hearts you will be smiling down on us.

LRRS/CCS Expert #90 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    I realize its not the intended use, but I've read some internet bro's talking about how the edges of the belt digging in (or not) act as a proprioceptive aid on the deadlift. Any sense to that? Could just be a bunch of bro's trying to defend their years of improper use of the belt.

At any rate, I will stick with my deload and work back up while focusing on my cues. I took a video after the deload, looked OK to me and no back pain. I'll record again once I've worked back up to where it broke down.
    Post your video's... I can almost guarantee it's a setup issue. Take a video from the side, so we can see the bar path, knee and hips.

Belt helps a lot, but as Eric and BK pointed out, it's not a fix to a problem, it's just a way to improve bracing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyno Solutions View Post
    Cars are tools and need to be reliable. Bikes are toys and need to be soulful!

So my FZ6 isn't really a tall bike, but it seems like the majority of the time I'm riding it, I can barely tip-toe on it because my hams/glutes are sore from a leg workout in the previous 3-4 days.

Had my appointment with the Ortho for left hip. Diagnosis is hip dysplasia (actually in both hips), possible labral tear, and snapping iliopsoas tendon. Scheduling MRI to validate labral tear and scheduling PT in the meantime.

Damn! A labial tear? Been getting it hit too hard!

Seriously though, sorry to hear. Get everything taken care of and heal up.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

"If you can blame guns for crime, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

I speak 3 languages. English, Sarcastic, and Sexual Innuendo. Which would you like to hear?

LRRS #612 (now accepting sponsors/endorsements )

Going on vaca, so figured I'd either go for a PR or do some reps with the DL. Normally I avoid this, as not to fry my CNS.

This went up surprisingly fast, especially considering I didn't even peak for it! Sooo excited!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81cD5n29TiA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyno Solutions View Post
    Cars are tools and need to be reliable. Bikes are toys and need to be soulful!

Quote Originally Posted by ///3oris View Post
    Going on vaca, so figured I'd either go for a PR or do some reps with the DL. Normally I avoid this, as not to fry my CNS.

This went up surprisingly fast, especially considering I didn't even peak for it! Sooo excited!

Dang! Good speed right to lock out!
    everything is simple to a simple mind!!! (think about it)

Reed. a rider, a brother, a friend. though you have fallen you will never be forgotten and forever in our hearts you will be smiling down on us.

LRRS/CCS Expert #90 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Quote Originally Posted by ///3oris View Post

You sand baggin mother effer lmao!!! Looked smooth Boris, huge PR! Welcome to the 5 plate club