Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: '94 FZR600 Project - "The Ugly Duckling"

Danny500 Guest

A man after my own heart... can't wait to see the finished product.

What did you go with for a clutch lever, I haven't found anything that's a direct cross to the FZR/YZF600R setup yet?
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    What did you go with for a clutch lever, I haven't found anything that's a direct cross to the FZR/YZF600R setup yet?
    Mike sells the YZF600 levers which apparently bolt right up to the FZR perches. Here's the part number for the clutch perch: http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...911-01-00.html

If you'll notice at the bottom of the page it's used on the FZR 400, 600, and the YZF600. The clutch part numbers don't match but because the perch is the same the levers should swap between them. I think mechanically the levers are identical but maybe they were a different color or something which made the P/N change for the YZF

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    If the owner decided tomorrow that we'd change business models and start selling a product that would allow you to force bees to sting babies, I'd stay there as long as they kept compensating me the same way.
    Current Track Day to Crash Ratio: 10:3

Ah, I didn't realize he had a fitment for the YZF600R, cool!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

Cool build, Gabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    I am slow, Yev is completely incompetent, and you are an asshole.
    Set the bar low, Ian. Always set it low
    Slow Is SmoothÖSmooth Is Fast

Wow, really coming together!

Any particular reason you didn't go as far as walnut blasting or doing something to clean up the engine and such?
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Nice!! It's coming along great.

Quote Originally Posted by alottabikes View Post
    i new a racer who powdered coated his rims as well and during racing/practice he was losing air on heavy braking. the tires were moving on the rims. just be careful of the amount on the beads is all. nice job by the way
    Those rims were PC'd from the factory. Stripped bare. Acetone bath. Baked at 300. Acetone bath again and then PC'd. I doubt he'll have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JHawley View Post
    everybody wants to be black till the cops show up.

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    Wow, really coming together!

Any particular reason you didn't go as far as walnut blasting or doing something to clean up the engine and such?
    I actually cleaned up the engine quite a bit from where it was. I thought about doing it but figured it was hidden behind the plastics so who cares. In a year or two it'll be right back to being dirty anyways. Walnut blasting would just expose the bare aluminum which would form an aluminum oxide surface layer on the first heat cycle which would just get stained again from dirt + grime pretty much putting me back in the same situation as before. The only real solution would be painting the engine but that would require a full disassembly which was a bit outside of the scope of what I wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    If the owner decided tomorrow that we'd change business models and start selling a product that would allow you to force bees to sting babies, I'd stay there as long as they kept compensating me the same way.
    Current Track Day to Crash Ratio: 10:3

Yeah I get it - Just surprised you didn't go for it. Could have cleared the alum to help keep the oxidation at bay, no?

either way its coming along, hopefully you don't crash it when you get it roadworthy
    Matt V. 9/19/10