Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Track Day Report (5/3 -5/4)

Great meeting you on sunday! Awesome attitude and way to get back up after going down!

Glad to see you had a great time. Wish I was able to be there but the ribs are just not ready yet.

As for the street riding being bland issue... you have stumbled upon the reason that a majority of BoRn is angling towards sport tourers now. We aren't a bunch of old crotchety dudes, we've just realized that that riding has a place on the track, and that street riding is a different animal, with different enjoyable aspects. So we're trying to make the most out of those "other" aspects

Was up there Sunday afternoon to hang out and watch but didn't see you.

I think you made it all up.

Kwicherbichen. I'm old and I'm slow and I don't care. Get off my lawn, ya punk.

Quote Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
    Glad to see you had a great time. Wish I was able to be there but the ribs are just not ready yet.

As for the street riding being bland issue... you have stumbled upon the reason that a majority of BoRn is angling towards sport tourers now. We aren't a bunch of old crotchety dudes, we've just realized that that riding has a place on the track, and that street riding is a different animal, with different enjoyable aspects. So we're trying to make the most out of those "other" aspects
    !!!

Glad you had fun Gabe. Good job with accepting and analyzing your own weaknesses, too. TTD kicks ass, especially for nervous newbs. Soon you'll be the one saying "don't worry about it" when someone posts questions about their first track day...

Sounds like a good weekend and learning experience.

cool on the experience man.... doing multiple days like you did definitely makes a big difference vs doing 1 day.

you did the right thing by going into all the classroom sessions, those guys and girls really know their shit and they just spew their knowledge for all the track day riders... you just have to be attentive and ask questions!!!

sucks you binned the bike but that's what happens at track days if you want to advance your riding... you will crash as you're learning ... the great thing about that is you learn from your mistakes and the mistakes go away ...

one thing I'll say regarding your lowside on cold tires..... Keep the bike outside on the "warmer" pavement in between sessions. The tires will stay warmer than putting the bike on the cold concrete. Just my .02 for people that don't have tire warmers.

Remember these days, this is the good stuff.
    Central Mass Powersports #123

How slow are these speed limits eh?!?

Sounds like a good time. Really wish I'd done Thompson yesterday. Weather must have been perfect.

What did you think of the body position demo? I think I learned more from that my first day than anything else.

Good to meet you and hang out Gabe. Learned Lots. Sounds like you did too.

Seriously a perfect day.
    Get comfortable being uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
    :IWS:

Soon enough you will join the top case mafia.

But seriously glad to see that you enjoyed the shit out of yourself.
    2nd owner of theHawhandcordone

WHOA

#dirtyprince