Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Track Day Report (5/3 -5/4)

Quote Originally Posted by cdovégo View Post
    Remember these days, this is the good stuff.
    I was about to say the same exact thing.

Those first experiences with the track were the best! Awesome times.

Great write up too

Quote Originally Posted by JBlanchette View Post
    Soon enough you will join the top case mafia.
    I actually on my way home from work yesterday, saw a same gen z1k go by with a top case. Didn't look bad at all.

Out of curiosity, what kinda mileage are you getting out of a tank?
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
    Glad to see you had a great time. Wish I was able to be there but the ribs are just not ready yet.

As for the street riding being bland issue... you have stumbled upon the reason that a majority of BoRn is angling towards sport tourers now. We aren't a bunch of old crotchety dudes, we've just realized that that riding has a place on the track, and that street riding is a different animal, with different enjoyable aspects. So we're trying to make the most out of those "other" aspects
    You're all a bunch of pussies.

Yut ughhhh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    he's a social liability
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
    Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.

That was a good day for sure Gabe! Ready to go again in July.

Quote Originally Posted by downshift View Post
    I think that there would've been some trouble with tongue weight with that particular trailer trying to tow both bikes so clearly everything ended up actually working out all right.
    God help me man - dare I ask what trailer you think would have too much tongue weight on the TSX?

Honestly, I thought the whole experience was going to be a lot more douchey than it actually was and was very pleasantly surprised to find out it was indeed the exact opposite.......The biggest thing I'm noticing now is that (maybe due to fatigue) things just aren't "the same". Now that I've got a taste of that sort of rush I'm thinking everything else is just going to seem that much more bland. Can't wait to get back out there and I'd love to try it out on my other bike just to see how much of what I've learned can be transferred to a different scoot or a different track. Should be a blast at Palmer! (if I can swing it)
    TTD is probably the least douchey trackday experience you will ever have.

And, yes, everything else won't compare now. Welcome to an empty wallet

Finally, though Brendan will always officially be "Crash Bandicoot," I think you've taken the title away . Congrats on a successful first track outing.
    LRRS/CCS EX #47 -RSP Racing / Tony's Track Days / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Dyno Solutions / Sport Bike Track Gear / Knox / Brunetto T-Shirts / 434 Racer Parts / GMD CompuTrack

2012 LRRS Champion, AM Thunderbike
    2018 LRRS Double Backup Champions, GTL and ULSB

RIP Reed 8/16/84 - 3/23/08
    RIP Vaughan 11/18/66 - 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    I actually on my way home from work yesterday, saw a same gen z1k go by with a top case. Didn't look bad at all.

Out of curiosity, what kinda mileage are you getting out of a tank?
    Before the K&N filter, ~90 before I was on "E" and blinking (<1 gal left). Now it's ~100 before I'm at "E" and it's not blinking (1 gal left). Picked up some noticeable mileage with that little change which is strange because there's no O2 sensor to trim the fueling...but it's definitely there. Checked it over 3 tanks and it was a consistent improvement with the same kind of riding.

Was guzzling gas at the track though Went through a full tank plus a whole 5 gallon jerry can in two days

If the owner decided tomorrow that we'd change business models and start selling a product that would allow you to force bees to sting babies, I'd stay there as long as they kept compensating me the same way.
    Current Track Day to Crash Ratio: 10:3

Try riding with absolute cycle for the full bro experience, stay with Tony's for a more pleasant one.
    he's a social liability
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
    Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.

Before the K&N filter, ~90 before I was on "E" and blinking (<1 gal left). Now it's ~100 before I'm at "E" and it's not blinking (1 gal left). Picked up some noticeable mileage with that little change which is strange because there's no O2 sensor to trim the fueling...but it's definitely there. Checked it over 3 tanks and it was a consistent improvement with the same kind of riding.

Was guzzling gas at the track though Went through a full tank plus a whole 5 gallon jerry can in two days
    Thirsty pig!
    Quote Originally Posted by JHawley View Post
    Pussy. It's so much better than lime.:

Quote Originally Posted by ninja fruit View Post
    Try riding with absolute cycle for the full bro experience, stay with Tony's for a more pleasant one.
    I'm not sure if I'm happy, sad, or other about this statement.
    Tony
    Trackdays in New England

Pirelli Track Tires!

Quote Originally Posted by ninja fruit View Post
    I was gonna ask WTF does that mean?
    Is that where every riders body is better than their track skills?
    Get comfortable being uncomfortable.