Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cheap "B" bike.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    So I'm tossing around the idea of a new ninja 300. I can get a leftover for just shy of $4000. I think the bump in displacement would be a better choice for me. My home track is Palmer and I'm a little worried about the climbing power of the old 250 motor.
    Buy someone else`s old race bike. you will get more for you money. The bike would already have suspension on on it.
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

I would but I'm not finding many, never mind ones I think are worth the price. Not many small cc bikes for sale right now. 3 months ago may have been a different story.
    Besides, I like the idea of building another bike from a clean slate. I think if I buy new I can sell off a decent amount of the bike to help cover the costs.

Fair enough. If it were me, I would get a ktm 390
    Last edited by theducman; 11-30-2015 at 07:18 AM.
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

I know. I've been dancing around that one for a while. If I test ride one it would probably seal the deal but at that much of a price difference I can't justify it over the ninja.
    It's the same reason I didn't buy the rc8. I couldn't test it to find out if it was worth the upcharge.
    Last edited by boosten lebaron; 11-30-2015 at 08:51 AM.