Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 501

Thread: MotoGP thread (spoiler alert!)

  1. #451
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yzedf View Post
    I never said he wasnít a winner. Heís also been on the best overall bike those years (didnít win when he had a less than best bike on the grid - lots of dumb unforced crashes) and had a subpar teammate that offers no true race to race competition. Doesnít make him a tactical racer. Heíd never be able to do what Nicky or Kenny Jr did. Which is fine... when he doesnít have any real competition.
    Chris, I love you bro but I don't know what race series you've been watching. Also, Nicky won 3 races in his entire Motogp career. Marquez has done that every year he's been in the premier class. The racing is as close as it's ever been at the top 10 riders since the change to spec electronics. I think the last few years have had the most competitive fields and more different winners than in the last two decades. But that's just what I see.
    Team Brown - LRRS #521

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,641

    Default

    I think the point Chris is trying to make is that Marquez is very fast, but doesn't have a good head on his shoulders. As soon as someone on equivalent machinery starts challenging him every race, he's going to implode. Right now, Lorenzo winning races means very little. But, put him and Marquez on the same bike next year and if Lorenzo is still beating him, Marquez is gonna do dumb shit to try to stay ahead of him.

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NW CT
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    I don't know how well Lorenthoo will do on that Honda. He needs a planted front tire to be confident. I can't see him saving 1/10th of the front end washouts that Marq does. He has trouble riding in the damp.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seymour, CT
    Posts
    5,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makct04 View Post
    Chris, I love you bro but I don't know what race series you've been watching. Also, Nicky won 3 races in his entire Motogp career. Marquez has done that every year he's been in the premier class. The racing is as close as it's ever been at the top 10 riders since the change to spec electronics. I think the last few years have had the most competitive fields and more different winners than in the last two decades. But that's just what I see.
    competition is some of the strongest it's ever been. In 2016 his bike was certainly not the best on the grid and he still pulled it out. I'll give it to you that he does make bonehead mistakes sometimes, but he's clearly one of the best riders ever.
    -Darek

  5. #455
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Meriden
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    That was one hell of a race!
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,054

    Default

    Fucking phenomenal race. Unreal.
    Team Brown - LRRS #521

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seymour, CT
    Posts
    5,840

    Default

    That was the best race of the year. Heart was pounding that whole time. Was excited to post, but now I'm just bummed thinking about seeing Dan at MotoGP. Him and Nicky will be tearing it up together now.
    -Darek

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Trump Tower
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yzedf View Post
    I never said he wasnít a winner. Heís also been on the best overall bike those years (didnít win when he had a less than best bike on the grid - lots of dumb unforced crashes) and had a subpar teammate that offers no true race to race competition. Doesnít make him a tactical racer. Heíd never be able to do what Nicky or Kenny Jr did. Which is fine... when he doesnít have any real competition.
    8 guys mixing it up in the craziest gp Iíve ever seen and Marc didnít flinch even after rins ballsy pass. Marc didnt lose his cool or make unforced errors and when the last lap came he said weíll see ya losers. How much evidence do we need that Marc is a step above everyone else regardless of what he riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    he's a social liability
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
    Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninja fruit View Post
    8 guys mixing it up in the craziest gp Iíve ever seen and Marc didnít flinch even after rins ballsy pass. Marc didnt lose his cool or make unforced errors and when the last lap came he said weíll see ya losers. How much evidence do we need that Marc is a step above everyone else regardless of what he riding.
    He tried to make a pretty risky pass on Lorenzo at some point relatively early in the race. The announcers were losing their shit (BTSports) because apparently he was on the slippery stuff or whatever. If that had gone sideways, you'd be singing a different tune right now.

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Trump Tower
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    It didn’t so it doesn’t matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    he's a social liability
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
    Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.

Similar Threads

  1. 2016 WSBK thread (spoiler alert)
    By yzedf in forum Everything Bike
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2015, 11:12 AM
  2. MotoGP last weekend <SPOILER ALERT>
    By DucatiMichael in forum Everything Bike
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 02:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •