Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Rebuild the "CHEETAH"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    midway CT
    Posts
    6,224

    Default Rebuild the "CHEETAH"

    ya so... I had an engine issue the middle of the season this gave me some time to reflect on things.. you know ground myself find my center... after doing that I was able to acquire a 2nd monster evo and will now set about sorting out this race bike project.

    1. the Cheetah..

    A. engine... what went wrong?- motor is at seacoast for a check when I know what happened Ill make some choices.

    B. setup.... the bike works great as a package OUTSIDE of NHMS but I struggled to get the bike to work in quick changes of direction. its currently at GMD so I can get the numbers. once done Peter Kates will work with me on understanding what should be done to help.

    2. monster #2 The Super Valkyrie.. lol
    this will be a work in progress. i needed the motor for mancation which is over time to get a few things sorted. ive got GMD checking on cartridges for the forks and im checking on powder coating for the frame and wheels. then again its time to decide what to do with the engine. build it out or leave it stock..... hmn.....
    R.I.P. - Reed - 3-23-2008
    Matty V you are missed.

    LRRS/CCS #76 TTD Instructor
    #5/ RSP Racing MTAG Pirelli / StradaFab / / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days /Woodcraft /Armor Bodies /
    MOTUL / Sport Bike Track Gear / Brunetto T-Shirts /



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hebron, CT
    Posts
    5,014

    Default

    Generally it's the lightest wheels and tires as well as the lightest flywheel, clutch and crank assemblies. None of it is cheap and I don't know if I'd do any of that to a Duc or not that's not lasted a race season as the engine work can drastically reduce long term reliability.

    The other option is different triples; to which Kates can produce one off stuff if it's not already out there (he did/does make triples for KTM motards etc). Or rear links, shock lengths and so forth.

    Then it's just setup stuff, too much fuel in the tank or maybe it sloshes around too much. Tire profiles. Clip on angles and lengths (my old RR liked slightly longer and pushed out 1/2" or so). All that other crap that can take a long time to really get dialed in for you at that track.

    The last bit is you and your technique for that bike. No advice here as I can't keep up with you I'm assuming!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    25,291

    Default

    I'll trade you, straight up, for a bike that has no issue changing direction.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Meriden
    Posts
    18,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    I'll trade you, straight up, for a bike that has no issue changing direction.
    It's only issue is going forward rapidly
    LRRS/CCS Amateur #514 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    This place is about as family friendly as donkey porn.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Noel is my hero

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    25,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    It's only issue is going forward rapidly

    Shut up, Am...eh, nevermind. It's true.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Meriden
    Posts
    18,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    Shut up, Am...eh, nevermind. It's true.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LRRS/CCS Amateur #514 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    This place is about as family friendly as donkey porn.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Noel is my hero

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    rocky hill, ct USA
    Posts
    8,954

    Default

    Ouch

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    midway CT
    Posts
    6,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CatahoulaBuldog View Post
    ya so... I had an engine issue the middle of the season this gave me some time to reflect on things.. you know ground myself find my center... after doing that I was able to acquire a 2nd monster evo and will now set about sorting out this race bike project.

    1. the Cheetah..

    A. engine... what went wrong?- motor is at seacoast for a check when I know what happened Ill make some choices.

    B. setup.... the bike works great as a package OUTSIDE of NHMS but I struggled to get the bike to work in quick changes of direction. its currently at GMD so I can get the numbers. once done Peter Kates will work with me on understanding what should be done to help.

    2. monster #2 The Super Valkyrie.. lol
    this will be a work in progress. i needed the motor for mancation which is over time to get a few things sorted. ive got GMD checking on cartridges for the forks and im checking on powder coating for the frame and wheels. then again its time to decide what to do with the engine. build it out or leave it stock..... hmn.....
    Ok so I got some Information back from both GMD and Seacoast Sport Cycle.

    A. The motor: The main bearing failed. I will make some super secret upgrades while its apart. I should have it back in time for the first CCS round.

    B. Pete from GMD let me know Im not entirely crazy so he has made some suggestions and Ill see what I can do but Ill need to get the bike back for seacoast to install.

    #2 monster will have to make a back seat for the moment as the budget is sort of blown....
    R.I.P. - Reed - 3-23-2008
    Matty V you are missed.

    LRRS/CCS #76 TTD Instructor
    #5/ RSP Racing MTAG Pirelli / StradaFab / / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days /Woodcraft /Armor Bodies /
    MOTUL / Sport Bike Track Gear / Brunetto T-Shirts /



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Berlin Ct.
    Posts
    9,442

    Default

    I feel like I am reading and old thread from Outlaw.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South-Central, MA
    Posts
    4,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I feel like I am reading and old thread from Outlaw.
    Yep. $15k+ to be beaten by a bunch of 10+ year old SVs.
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Similar Threads

  1. RSP Racing #816 - SV650 "rebuild"
    By Mr. Kurtz in forum Everything Bike
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 09:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •