Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 activity tracker

Default 2016 activity tracker

Let's keep the ball rolling for 2016! I was good from Thanksgiving thru New Years and managed to lose a pound even with the reduced riding and increased food intake... Not sure how I pulled it off, but I did

2015 metrics
    1106 mtb miles
    135 rides
    46,652 feet elevation (this number is very low)
    Average 3 rides, 29 miles and 4h39m per week!!

For 2016 I'd like to see a similar number of rides but with more mileage. I just bought a trainer so I can ride the road bike indoors during the shit weather and to work on my outright strength and stamina. I want to hit the trails in the spring ready to make some real gains. As usual in the winter I will do some light jogging to keep the dog exercised up and calmed down.

My only other goal is to ride the entire length of the North-South trail in Rhode Island. It's just over 78 miles, we did most of it this fall, hopefully will tackle it in the springtime when the dirt is dryer, the foliage is fresh and be able to ride most/all of the ride in the daylight hours.

I want to run 1000 miles and do at least one race. Did 6 miles today
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

My 2016 goal - pass the CT Cooper Exam, get hired with a police agency.
    Sold.

My goal is to get and stay under 200 pounds. I have come close a couple of times (201.6 and 202.0), only to blow it by breaking my good eating habits.

I bounce between 203 and 208 most of the time.

I'm hoping that spin and short track skating are going to get me there.
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

My goal is to alter my aspect ratio. I'd like to become less landscape and more portrait. I'll be damned if I'm going to go chasing some stupid number, though.

Flexibility is also high on the list.

This whole aging thing is vastly overrated.

Sedentary jobs suck.
    Kwicherbichen. I'm old and I'm slow and I don't care. Get off my lawn, ya punk.

Quote Originally Posted by tecster View Post
    My 2016 goal - pass the CT Cooper Exam, get hired with a police agency.
    Oh how I dont miss that shit lol. Good luck on getting on a department, I'm sure you will be fine.
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

2016 goals... lean out a fucking on. I'm sitting at 172 right now... Ideal weight is like 140-145. We'll see.

Oh, and I'd like to win a 5k, but I'm not sure if that's going to be achievable this year yet. That might be a 2 year goal, with the 3 year goal to win a marathon.

I would like to place in my weight class. I also would like to do an ultra marathon in a few years. Not to place in that but just to finish.
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing

If you're still in that Clydesdale grouping, you should be able to clean up.

An ultra is no joke.... it's on my bucket list, too, but not for a few years at least I think. I doubt I have the mental capacity to handle the demands.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikenapalm View Post
    If you're still in that Clydesdale grouping, you should be able to clI an up.

An ultra is no joke.... it's on my bucket list, too, but not for a few years at least I think. I doubt I have the mental capacity to handle the demands.
    Yeah still am 204 lbs. Would love to get a medal. It would take me a while to do an ultra but still want to try.
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing