Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to Buy Bridgestone (or any brand) Rain Tires?

Quote Originally Posted by makct04 View Post
    When are you making the switch?
    When he gets faster
    everything is simple to a simple mind!!! (think about it)

Reed. a rider, a brother, a friend. though you have fallen you will never be forgotten and forever in our hearts you will be smiling down on us.

LRRS/CCS Expert #90 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Quote Originally Posted by downshift View Post
    Just like that hitch I should've installed myself that ended up being a huge pain in the ass ..... and trailering two bikes with my car that was "totally going to be fine" which ended up destroying the rear tires.
    Neither of which happened to me when installing the same hitch on the same car, nor trailering two bikes on a HF trailer for thousands of miles with the same car.
    LRRS/CCS EX #47 -RSP Racing / Tony's Track Days / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Dyno Solutions / Sport Bike Track Gear / Knox / Brunetto T-Shirts / 434 Racer Parts / GMD CompuTrack

2012 LRRS Champion, AM Thunderbike
    2018 LRRS Double Backup Champions, GTL and ULSB

RIP Reed 8/16/84 - 3/23/08
    RIP Vaughan 11/18/66 - 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by crazyirish101 View Post
    When he gets faster
    Quote Originally Posted by makct04 View Post
    When are you making the switch?
    Fuck you both
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

Just like that hitch I should've installed myself that ended up being a huge pain in the ass and that SV I should've bought instead of my FZR which I now love and trailering two bikes with my car that was "totally going to be fine" which ended up destroying the rear tires.

I'll stick with bridgestones for now When the time comes and I want to pay too much for tires, I know what brand to buy
    So if you want to be different, why don't you just ride Michelins. As most people at least I have seen ride those or Pirellis.

I did for years and was extremely happy.
    2nd owner of theHawhandcordone

WHOA

#dirtyprince

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Lawrence View Post
    So if you want to be different, why don't you just ride Michelins. As most people at least I have seen ride those or Pirellis.

I did for years and was extremely happy.
    I don't want to be different. I'm just not paying that kind of money for track tires. I get that Kurtz slings them and that's why people here flock to them. Easy to get and they're supporting a friend. They're just too much damn money and a bridgestone is just as good a tire. They've never let me down and I like the stiffer sidewall construction they have. Plus, their motogp tech is finally starting to trickle down to their consumer offerings and that experience can only mean good things for the company

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    If the owner decided tomorrow that we'd change business models and start selling a product that would allow you to force bees to sting babies, I'd stay there as long as they kept compensating me the same way.
    Current Track Day to Crash Ratio: 10:3

I don't want to be different. I'm just not paying that kind of money for track tires. I get that Kurtz slings them and that's why people here flock to them. Easy to get and they're supporting a friend. They're just too much damn money and a bridgestone is just as good a tire. They've never let me down and I like the stiffer sidewall construction they have. Plus, their motogp tech is finally starting to trickle down to their consumer offerings and that experience can only mean good things for the company
    Typically we buy from MTAG because they are at the track where we ride. By the time you buy a set of Rains from Miles ($365) and have them shipped and mounted I don't think you will be more than a nickle cheaper than what you can get the Pirelli tires from MTAG. Unless you happen to be riding at a track that he is at which is generally only NHMS. Then you can save a few bucks....
    ///////////////////////
    "That which you manifest is before you"
    Rada

LRRS/CCS Expert Retired #820 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack /

2012 LRRS Rookie of the Year EX 820 Tony's Track Days Facebook Group Instructor #8

Often times a smaller tire profile flattens the tire to give you more contact on to the surface. Often needed when wet.

I've stepped down from a 160 to a 150. I've seen some 600 step down to a 160 size rear tire.

But obviously consult your tire company for appropriate fitment.😉
    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Gino
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P-89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    LRRS HAWK GT Racer CCS Expert #929
    ECK RACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL Spiegler On Track Media All Balls Racing Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

"Vegetables"
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would say Artim Hydroponics in Aarhus.

I have a set you can have. I'll get the sizes tonight when I get home...I know they are on the smaller size
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ