Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 physical activity tracker

Default 2017 physical activity tracker

New thread for 2017. I'll still be all in with cycling, mostly mountain with some road in good weather and trainer time when I can't get out at daylight. 2016 goal was 1500 miles (almost all dirt) and I came in at 1,450 or so. 2017 goal is 2,500 based on more road and trainer mileage this year. I might get a kettle bell and work on my core, grip and shoulder strength.

13 miles run SO far
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

1 workout in so far this year, tonight will be the first "normal" night at the gym for 2017. Curious to see how crowded it will be.

Barely any difference in the 7-8am gym crowd this morning.
    I'm glad I'm not going in the evenings anymore

1 short hungover road bike ride with lites the evening of NYD (Pathetically missed the long gravel CX bike ride I planned and coordinated at 0900 on NYD!)+ 1 Tmill Run yday.

I am commited to dropping 6lbs in 6 weeks. Sick of my work clothes "just barely fitting" and feeling like arse all the time, because I am not consistent with activity.

I am not preaching but read this recently, and this is kinda where my head is at to help me get the weight off, and just feel better in general. So gonna give it a go for a time.

https://thisnakedmind.com/6-reasons-...drink-alcohol/
    Get comfortable being uncomfortable.

I need some motivation this year so I am down for this. Apparently I am obese at 6'1" and 200lbs I should be between 150 and 189. So 11+lbs down is def good to shoot for even though I am doing this for more for my mental state.

6/2015-12/2016 has been terrible for me mentally and physically. Overworking myself and having nothing to show for it, losing contact with the majority of my friends since they have kids and dont leave the house, getting out of a long term relationship, changing jobs 3 times within that time, moving out of my house in granby into a not so great place, making less money than I ever have since getting out of high school and struggling more than I ever have physicially, financially and mentally. I am at the bottom but the one thing I can fix immediately is my health I guess.

I am trying to find any other sports I can play other than kickball, softball or golf. I never played ice hockey but was thinking about getting into roller hockey again anybody know any other places besides plainville and groton that do it? Know of any other sports (outside of moto related stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by JBAX View Post
    I am not preaching but read this recently, and this is kinda where my head is at to help me get the weight off, and just feel better in general. So gonna give it a go for a time.
    https://thisnakedmind.com/6-reasons-...drink-alcohol/
    Even though I love beer and worked for a brewery I can absolutely say that not drinking will make your life a lot better and cosign that whole article.
    Last edited by Beinggodisgreat; 01-03-2017 at 04:46 PM.

So, I'm on a 7-day routine now:

Spin classes on Mon, Thu, and Sat
    Skate practices on Tue, Wed, and Sun (with strength training on Sundays as well)
    Dryland exercises (my resting work day) on Fri

This year, I'm concentrating on technique. Lots of video studying and lots of drills. Hoping to be in the top 3 at the Eastern regionals in May. I was 4th last year.

I have been hovering at about 190 ponds for a few months now. Some from muscle gains and probably most from afternoon/evening snacking. I need to find a way to curb hunger.
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by The Snowman View Post
    Some from muscle gains and probably most from afternoon/evening snacking. I need to find a way to curb hunger.
    One thing I could recommend is try to eat a higher percentage of your carbs from your diet later on in the day. (don't let the "don't eat carbs at night" mislead you either). This should help to curb the snacking piece of it. Also, "smart" snacking can also help which for me frozen grapes help stomp out my sweet tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by eric351w View Post
    One thing I could recommend is try to eat a higher percentage of your carbs from your diet later on in the day. (don't let the "don't eat carbs at night" mislead you either). This should help to curb the snacking piece of it. Also, "smart" snacking can also help which for me frozen grapes help stomp out my sweet tooth.
    Carbs is what tends to trigger snacking binges. I have read that eating more protein helps to curb the binging.
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Ah ,huh if you try it out post up and let us know how it worked out. I'm curious to see