Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2017 physical activity tracker

First MRI didn’t show it then they redid it with contrast dye which they were able to see.

Ah ok, hoping I wont need one done. The next 7 days should confirm whether Ill have to go back for one or not

So looks like it may actually be a torn bicep (long head at the shoulder). Was unfolding the trailer for my father this weekend and part of it started to fall so naturally went for it with my right arm which is the bad arm. Felt a tear and instant pain, pain was gone 20 minutes later but my bicep now looks abnormal, i have a divot up towards the upper end of my bicep near my arm pit. All my shoulder pain also went away, from what I read thats typical once the long head fully tears since its no longer attached to the shoulder. Called doc to book an MRI and get next steps just waiting to hear back. Totally bummed but was just a matter of time

Getting back my MRI results this afternoon, anxious to say the least! In the meantime still been going to the gym and just working around my right arm.

Its confirmed, full tear of the long head at the shoulder (proximal tear). Doc gave me the option of surgery or just let it be, im going with the surgery and scheduled it for July 5th. What I did not know is that he said it takes a month or two but my bicep will drop down further on my arm than it already is. Knowing that now surgery was not a question. Looks like ill be in a sling for 2-3 weeks then about 3 months of therapy before I can start using it in the gym. At the 3 month mark its baby weights and slow progression so all in all about 8-10 months till I get some pretty good strength back. Worst timing with summer just about getting ready to start :-(

Sounds like surgery is the way to go for sure! Crap timing is right. Remember, your baby weights are probably more than I could do...

Quote Originally Posted by eric351w View Post
    Its confirmed, full tear of the long head at the shoulder (proximal tear). Doc gave me the option of surgery or just let it be, im going with the surgery and scheduled it for July 5th. What I did not know is that he said it takes a month or two but my bicep will drop down further on my arm than it already is. Knowing that now surgery was not a question. Looks like ill be in a sling for 2-3 weeks then about 3 months of therapy before I can start using it in the gym. At the 3 month mark its baby weights and slow progression so all in all about 8-10 months till I get some pretty good strength back. Worst timing with summer just about getting ready to start :-(
    What ever happened with suspected labral tear? It can be common to tear bicep along with labral/RC.

Quote Originally Posted by yzedf View Post
    Sounds like surgery is the way to go for sure! Crap timing is right. Remember, your baby weights are probably more than I could do...
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by db79 View Post
    What ever happened with suspected labral tear? It can be common to tear bicep along with labral/RC.
    The labrum he said seemed fine but there was some clean up he was going to do to it, canít remember what exactly. Basically itís an open surgery for the tendon reattachment and then arthroscopiclly heís cleaning up the labrum and taking care of a bone spur while heís in there. Total operation is around two hours. Never had a surgery before so will definitely be anxious but just want to get it over with and start the road to recovery

202lbs last night before bed. I really need to drop 10 and keep it off!

A week and a half post op already have a ton of mobility with my arm and am well ahead of the class when it comes to PT. Also have had pretty much zero pain in both recovery and at PT. All in all for having 4 surgeries in my shoulder one of which including re-attaching my bicep Im pretty damn happy with this surgeon. Going back to the gym this week mainly doing legs and some upper body work using the non surgical arm. Lookin like a quicker than expected road to recovery!