Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Boots Size 44/45

Default WTB: Boots Size 44/45

Track season is coming up and I'm trying to piece some gear together to get back out there at some point after last season's unfortunate end. Anyone have old boots lying around in a size 44/45 (Euro). The Sidi Vertigos did their job since my leg broke right above the boot line so I'm looking for something with a comparable level of ankle support/protection.

I don't mind if they need some parts replaced on them if the company still sells spares for that model.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    If the owner decided tomorrow that we'd change business models and start selling a product that would allow you to force bees to sting babies, I'd stay there as long as they kept compensating me the same way.
    Current Track Day to Crash Ratio: 10:3

To be quite honest with you, I'd get the best protection you can afford. I have Alpinestars Supertech R's which have seen a ton of abuse and they haven't let me down at all. The Sidi Vortice's are also nice but those are both high dollar boots. I would recommend also checking out the Gaerne GP-1 boots which are substantially cheaper for a very high quality boot.
    Team Brown - LRRS #521

I have a pair of black Gaerne boots size 44...not sure what model but they were Eric Wood's so probably top of the line, and I just grabbed them as a spare/rain set when I was at a Penguin school. They are in good usable shape except they have a hole on the bottom of the arch, worn thru the sole to the next layer on the left boot where he rests his foot in the peg while dragging knee around left hand turns. Still usable as is, or replace the sole. In an effort to get you back on the horse (in other words, not for other BoRn cheapskates) you can have em for what I paid...15 bucks. They are in Southwick. If you want em maybe I could hand em off to someone closer to you at the Adirondack weekend

I'm with Mo, dont cheap out on boots.
    These are sidi's top of the line $500 boot
    http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thre...ke-new.340839/
    They're a bit of a hassle to get on/off if you're commuting, but for track only I wouldn't worry about it.

Here's Alpinestars top of the line boot.
    http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thre...e-9-us.341530/
    I'll confirm that they run one size large, I'm usually a 43/9.5, my Supertechs are a 42/8.
    Last edited by mattr302; 02-23-2017 at 03:21 PM.

I agree, Mo. That's sort of why I'm looking for something like the Vertigos I bought off of Matt (MFChop-type).

Other Matt (9.5 finger type), I just sent that guy a text. Those would be my boots of choice if I was willing to spend what they cost new. Hopefully he still has them around, that's a bangin price.

Gary, I might take you up on that pending what this guy says about the Vortices

If the owner decided tomorrow that we'd change business models and start selling a product that would allow you to force bees to sting babies, I'd stay there as long as they kept compensating me the same way.

I think I may have my old supertech r's kicking around. I was holding them as rain boots for if I was at a track day but I'd let them go cheap to keep your crashness safe.

Let me look when I get home. I think they were 45 or 46s.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

I'm trying to convince myself to part with my track stuff. If that happens I will let you know. I have size 45 Sidi Mag-1s in good shape. Once you move above the Vertigo, all Sidis except the Mag-1 have annoying hard plastic external braces that I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    I think I may have my old supertech r's kicking around. I was holding them as rain boots for if I was at a track day but I'd let them go cheap to keep your crashness safe.

Let me look when I get home. I think they were 45 or 46s.
    Sure thing, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    I'm trying to convince myself to part with my track stuff. If that happens I will let you know. I have size 45 Sidi Mag-1s in good shape. Once you move above the Vertigo, all Sidis except the Mag-1 have annoying hard plastic external braces that I hate.
    I really like the Mag-1s too. I kinda like the hard plastic on the outside... Let me know if you're willing to part with them, that sounds right up my alley. I'll be in Wakefield on Monday for physical therapy so if you decide you want to sell them by then PM me and we'll meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by downshift View Post

Gary, I might take you up on that pending what this guy says about the Vortices
    ok, they aren't going anywhere...they look like they still offer every bit as much safety as when they were new...and like I said, I don't thing Erik was racing with the bargain offering in the Gaerne line, since he probably gets them for free with a sponsorship. I doubt I will ever need them.

My brother has a pair of top of the line Sidi's that he no longer uses... sent him this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyno Solutions View Post
    Cars are tools and need to be reliable. Bikes are toys and need to be soulful!