Thread: GET LOST: A solo motorcycle adventure to the darien gap

Default GET LOST: A solo motorcycle adventure to the darien gap

Just stumbled on this on youtube. Started watching it and the guy is from Farmington. Looks like he filmed and maybe edited it himself. It's "amateurish" but I think it's actually a lot cooler than the big production rides like Long Way Round. The guy rides to the end of South America without having changed a tire or charged or even removed a seat to work on a bike which is an interesting take on adventure riding. Definitely worth a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuzOuBPuZVc
    Last edited by 01XJ; 02-28-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Thanks for posting this, I watched a bit and it looks pretty interesting. Time to plan a moto-journey! Or, at least consider trading either the 250xc or the speed triple for a vstrom or similar to prepare for said journey. unfortunately, I won't have months to travel and I love both of those bikes. Might have to settle for a couple weeks on the Harley...

Actually, thinking out loud here, screw all that. Keep my bikes and stay with the plan of solo Alps adventure on a rented bike out of Spain, probably. Never been to Europe or any foreign continent besides Australia.

By the way...your description says he rides to the end of South America but he's planning to ride to Panama, which is ("only" LOL) the end of North America (unless he changed plans significantly!)

Will watch later. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    Thanks for posting this, I watched a bit and it looks pretty interesting. Time to plan a moto-journey! Or, at least consider trading either the 250xc or the speed triple for a vstrom or similar to prepare for said journey. unfortunately, I won't have months to travel and I love both of those bikes. Might have to settle for a couple weeks on the Harley...

Actually, thinking out loud here, screw all that. Keep my bikes and stay with the plan of solo Alps adventure on a rented bike out of Spain, probably. Never been to Europe or any foreign continent besides Australia.

By the way...your description says he rides to the end of South America but he's planning to ride to Panama, which is ("only" LOL) the end of North America (unless he changed plans significantly!)
    Correct, it's the area between Panama and Columbia. Which makes sense because the highway abruptly ends in the middle of a jungle lol
    Last edited by 01XJ; 03-01-2017 at 12:52 PM.