Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirelli tire $40 rebate...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    OKay, one mystery solved. The form is here. Apparently the program is called the "66 Promotion," and if you click on the link in the left side of your screenshot, you'll see the form I linked, which says it also covers the $40 off road racing tires.
    Thanks, I'll be getting a set for Palmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyno Solutions View Post
    Cars are tools and need to be reliable. Bikes are toys and need to be soulful!

OKay, one mystery solved. The form is here. Apparently the program is called the "66 Promotion," and if you click on the link in the left side of your screenshot, you'll see the form I linked, which says it also covers the $40 off road racing tires.
    Pesky fine print. Thanks for following up.

Order submitted. I don't have the scratch for two sets right this minute, but expect an order for rains before the deadline.
    Kwicherbichen. I'm old and I'm slow and I don't care. Get off my lawn, ya punk.

This rebate runs until 5/31, so there is still time to take advantage.

There were some stumbles by the rebate administration company initially, but they have been resolved! You can now enter sizes in a standard format; 120/70-17 , 180/60-17 , etc. The receipt you upload *does* need to have both your, and MTAG's, address, so some track emailed receipts may not contain this. If your receipt is kicked back, please email INFO@GOMTAG.COM and we will get you a copy that meets any requirements they've given you.

Guess Ill have to put in an order / pay for my Classic set early then

I do really, really, really suggest not waiting to submit a rebate claim until the last day. Our in-company source said this was a "learning experience" with regards to this type of program, after a few instances of bungling by the third party rebate company.

I do really, really, really suggest not waiting to submit a rebate claim until the last day. Our in-company source said this was a "learning experience" with regards to this type of program, after a few instances of bungling by the third party rebate company.
    I received two emails stating that my submission was missing information. A reply to that email was not returned, but they were most helpful in resolving the issue via phone.
    LRRS/CCS EX #47 -RSP Racing / Tony's Track Days / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Dyno Solutions / Sport Bike Track Gear / Knox / Brunetto T-Shirts / 434 Racer Parts / GMD CompuTrack

2012 LRRS Champion, AM Thunderbike
    2018 LRRS Double Backup Champions, GTL and ULSB

RIP Reed 8/16/84 - 3/23/08
    RIP Vaughan 11/18/66 - 9/19/10

Rebate is the biggest gimmick known to sales. Half of the rebates go unclaimed missed lost or forgotten. Why not just drop the price at the same amount during the promotional period? Because they know that they are attracting more buyers without paying the full cost.
    When in panic, when in doubt - run in circles, scream and shout!

Quote Originally Posted by AEG View Post
    Rebate is the biggest gimmick known to sales. Half of the rebates go unclaimed missed lost or forgotten. Why not just drop the price at the same amount during the promotional period? Because they know that they are attracting more buyers without paying the full cost.
    The problem with just "dropping the price" is that the rebate incentive is usually provided by the manufacturer, not the seller. If the manufacturer simply cuts the seller cost by $XX, they really have no way to prevent the seller from just stocking up heavy during that period at the lower cost, without passing that savings on to the end customer.

In other words...like everything else in life...it's not as simple as an angry conclusion makes it seem.

The big issue as I see it is that it's a short term shot to boost sales that over the long term hurts the manufacturer.

The auto industry saw this happen. They kept on one-upping one another with rebates and all it accomplished in the end was to train customers to expect more rebates. People would wait when they otherwise might have hit the showroom.

Tires are a bit different, of course, because both shelf life and useful life are limited. When you need 'em, you need 'em.
    Kwicherbichen. I'm old and I'm slow and I don't care. Get off my lawn, ya punk.

Or MTAG Could just sponsor me and we wouldn't have to deal with this