Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is partly why I sold my bike.

Congrats! Looks sharp. just curious on what makes it better over the camaro? (not a joke, genuinely interested - you always see the magazines do shootouts, just curious what someone who doesn't test cars for a living thinks!)
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Because i am not basing it off numbers. I am basing it off how drivable the car is vs the Camaro. Visability was a big factor here and also the feeling of size. The Mustang feels more nimble and easier to drive. I think it sounds better and i like the cockpit way more. The guage layout is nicer looking as well. The Camaro had massive blind spots were sometimes i changed lanes on faith alone. Also the roofline was so low i had to raise my seat up to where my head was almost against the ceiling just to get a good site over the dash and hoodline. Forgot trying to back it up without a camera. The Mustang has none of these issues.

Now i did like the camaro alot but straight up against this car for a daily driver the GT wins hands down so far.

Performance wise its like trying to pick the best liter bike. They all haul ass and have more than i need for the street.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nice buy!

I keep thinking of ditching the bike and grabbing a convertible sports car. No clue what yet but with work/home life I may get to ride the motorcycle 3 times a month if I'm lucky.

A convertible gives us a lot more freedom to just go to dinner, bring the nephew, etc. I'll most likely pull the trigger in January or February when I can grab something cheap off a dealers lot.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Nice rig!
    '12 Tuono V4 APRC - Street
    '13 Tundra Crewmax - Cage

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    Nice buy!

I keep thinking of ditching the bike and grabbing a convertible sports car. No clue what yet but with work/home life I may get to ride the motorcycle 3 times a month if I'm lucky.

A convertible gives us a lot more freedom to just go to dinner, bring the nephew, etc. I'll most likely pull the trigger in January or February when I can grab something cheap off a dealers lot.
    I've been considering the same as it would be something that we could enjoy as a family.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Because i am not basing it off numbers. I am basing it off how drivable the car is vs the Camaro. Visability was a big factor here and also the feeling of size. The Mustang feels more nimble and easier to drive. I think it sounds better and i like the cockpit way more. The guage layout is nicer looking as well. The Camaro had massive blind spots were sometimes i changed lanes on faith alone. Also the roofline was so low i had to raise my seat up to where my head was almost against the ceiling just to get a good site over the dash and hoodline. Forgot trying to back it up without a camera. The Mustang has none of these issues.

Now i did like the camaro alot but straight up against this car for a daily driver the GT wins hands down so far.

Performance wise its like trying to pick the best liter bike. They all haul ass and have more than i need for the street.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Exactly why I was asking, thanks
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    Nice buy!

I tell you what, my older daughter never stopped giving me shit for trading the Camaro. Now that we have this she is super excited and wants to go for speed runs non-stop. My wife loves the car and my youngest loves it to. I drive them to or from school everyday so commuting with a motorcycle will never happen for me. At least with this I get to enjoy my commutes regardless of weather or family plans.
    I will never bash motorcycles. I love them as much as anyone here and I have been riding street bikes since 1989. I just realized at this point in my life owning one is just a depreciating asset sitting in my garage under a cover and is useless. Even getting time for the trackdays is tough and when I do it rains more than 50% of the time for me. So now I get to do burnouts, piss off the neighbors and scrape speed bumps in style. Oh and corners are just as fun and less risky.

Muscle cars of born. When is that going to happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    he's a social liability
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
    Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Now that we have this she is super excited and wants to go for speed runs non-stop.
    Watch out, Kane Jr. is on her way.
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650

Quote Originally Posted by BMMCBR600RR View Post
    Watch out, Kane Jr. is on her way.
    My 3 year old wants to race the little midget cars when she turns 5. We have already talked to the local club at the Berlin track.