Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Helite GP Airbag vest group buy

Default Helite GP Airbag vest group buy

TTD regular Bruce Vlohiotis (don't think he's a member here) is working with Helite on a group buy for their brand-new, track-specific airbag vest. If you're on the TTD Facebook group, you already know about this.

This is a premium piece of kit. Full coverage, not just the neck.

Street pricing at the link. He's asked me not to post the GB price... PM if you're interested and promise not to leak it in public, and I'll reply with pricing and Bruce's email. I will say this: the GB price is still higher than the Hit-Air alternative. What you'd be paying for is a much slicker product that will work well with a race hump.

He needs 10 orders to make it happen. I'm somewhat interested, but only because I'd be able to offset the cost by selling my Leatt brace... spreading the word in case anyone else wants in.

He says there's no time limit, but Helite only imported 100 vests so there's limited supply.

http://www.helitemoto.com/helite-gp-air-track-vest/

Kwicherbichen. I'm old and I'm slow and I don't care. Get off my lawn, ya punk.

Quote Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
    I'm somewhat interested, but only because I'd be able to offset the cost by selling my Leatt brace...
    I'm not sure you go fast enough to set one off if you ever did crash

In all seriousness though, if you do decide to sell your Leatt brace I'd be very interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    If the owner decided tomorrow that we'd change business models and start selling a product that would allow you to force bees to sting babies, I'd stay there as long as they kept compensating me the same way.
    Current Track Day to Crash Ratio: 10:3

True dat...

On the other hand, I'm old and brittle. If I'd had an off like yours my bones would have exploded.

I'll keep you posted and will give you a bornie discount if the GB happens.

Just got a note from Bruce, and want to clarify a few things. Evidently someone contacted him with some wrong impressions.

He is NOT a dealer and is NOT affiliated with Helite in any way. He's just a track rider like us who's willing to do the legwork.

There is NO profit motive here. He's a private individual working with Helite to get a discount for us all. He's making NO money from this deal. The price is dictated by Helite. End of story.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT disclose pricing in public. I'm happy to share, but please just PM me for details.

Update: Bruce tells me he can also get the Turtle vest (street-oriented) for the same percentage discount.

I like turtles
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    I like turtles

Real deployment video... just appeared on youtube a couple days ago. Impressive.

https://youtu.be/U5GsewmkuyA

Damn impressive job by the guy not to slam into his back as he was sitting up. Looks like the vest did a good job of protecting the rider in that accident.

Yeah, this is the exact scenario that scares me about riding... not so much getting hit by another bike (I'm not a racer) but the highside that has me flying through the air and thwacking the ground hard.

I'm of "a certain age" and recovery doesn't happen easily anymore. Never broken a bone, and never want to... but I know it's becoming more likely as I get older. Seeing real-world results like this is a powerful incentive.