Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nicky Hayden in serious condition after cycling accident

Default Nicky Hayden in serious condition after cycling accident

Former MotoGP champion and current Honda World Superbike factory rider Nicky Hayden is in a serious condition, having sustained injuries in a road accident while cycling in Italy.

Hayden, 35, was riding with friends on a road close to Rimini on Wednesday when a road car collided with his bicycle, the American ending up on the hood of the car and impacting against its windshield.

He was rushed to a hospital in Rimini with severe head and chest trauma - and remains in a serious condition.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129571

No good...hopefully he has a speedy recovery
    '12 Tuono V4 APRC - Street
    '13 Tundra Crewmax - Cage

Dude rides on the edge of disaster while racing a motorcycle all these years and almost gets taken out by a cager on his bicycle.....gotta be kidding me. Hope he has Speedy Recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

head injury doesn't usually = speedy recovery
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by gjp1300 View Post
    Dude rides on the edge of disaster while racing a motorcycle all these years and almost gets taken out by a cager on his bicycle.....gotta be kidding me. Hope he has Speedy Recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    With how much all of these guys road cycle. It's amazing this doesn't happen more.

I've said it before and will always say I feel much road bike>motorcycle>mountain bike in terms of safety.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

He's in a medically induced coma at this time.

Chris, IMHO it's motorcycle>road bike>mountain bike, simply because of gear.

Nicky got hit from the side and thrown off his bicycle. We don't know the scenario exactly, but we have seen pics of the bashed-in windshield of the car (big bash...his torso must have hit it).

Seems likely that the car hit him, he hit the windshield and was thrown. Massive head trauma suggests he landed on his head or hit something with it.

A rider in leathers with a full-face helmet would, I believe, stand a better chance in that situation than a cyclist wearing spandex and 200 grams of ventilated EPS on his head.

A lot of nasty scenarios that lead to so many accidents (car turning left in front of you, etc.) expose bicyclists to the same hazards as motorcycle riders. The difference is speed and level of gear you've got to protect yourself.
    Kwicherbichen. I'm old and I'm slow and I don't care. Get off my lawn, ya punk.

after riding a motorcycle all these years atgatt I cant ever see myself on a road bike with nothing on but some spandex and some Styrofoam.
    2nd owner of theHawhandcordone

WHOA

#dirtyprince

For the Kids...

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP

Sad news to hear, always been a fan of his and still ride to this day with a used pair of Alpinestars he personally wore

This is really upsetting. Always been a big fan of his. Hell, my bike even has his signature on it!
    Attached Images Attached Images