View Poll Results: What do want to see in your trails?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mud

2 18.18%
  • Technical Rocky

7 63.64%
  • Gravel

3 27.27%
  • Sand

6 54.55%
  • Ledge

5 45.45%
  • Hill Climbs

5 45.45%
  • Technical Switch Backs

9 81.82%
  • Pull Off/ Rest Area

4 36.36%
  • Scenic Destination

7 63.64%
  • Fallen Trees

4 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Single Track Trail Terrain

Default Single Track Trail Terrain

In an effort to supply as much info as possible to the DEEP and the CT Greenways Council, here's another poll. In regards to single track terrain types and general construction/layout, what would you want to see in trails you ride? You can select any number of choices and I would assume we would all want a good mix but, some areas don't have everything available so pick your favs. Note that water crossings are not something we will entertain as a trail feature given it's sensitivity. If I have left anything out, feel free to speak up about it and discussion is encouraged and remember, there is always different strokes for different folks. Thanks again for your help follow lovers of dirt.

My offroading experience is limited to a single trail system and some logging roads in MT so I don't have much to go on. I will say that even as an untrained noob on an oversized bike I had a lot of fun on tight hard packed switchbacks with the occasional rocky area mixed in. No idea about mud, and generally don't care for sand so I didn't vote for those though I'm sure they make for entertaining features for some. I do think that pull out areas would be a good idea to help avoid clogging trails if/when someone stops to rest or repair.

anything