View Poll Results: How Much Time Would You Put In?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

4 57.14%
  • 2-4 hours per week

1 14.29%
  • 4-6 hours per week

1 14.29%
  • 6-8 hours per week

0 0%
  • 8-12 hours per week

0 0%
  • Entire Weekend

0 0%
  • Some weekdays and most of the weekend

1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trail Building Volunteering

Thumbs up Trail Building Volunteering

Another installment of polls!!

In regards to volunteering time to build trails here in CT on state land, please choose the amount of time you could possibly dedicate during a "normal" week/weekend. This will be the only way the trails get built and maintained. Due to the issues our governor has with maintaining checks and balances, the DEEP nor the DOT have the resources to make this happen. Luckily, we have friends with the right equipment and if you have equipment you would use or donate for a week/weekend, leave a comment. The state is highly interested in seeing what is out there for volunteerism. This will help dictate how vested they will be in the long run. I will also create an image that would be in contrary to many peoples views or thoughts that no one would show up because off-roaders are lazy sacks...

FYI: We will be issuing memberships to those who are interested close to the end of next month. Being a member means you will get discounts to suppliers and dealers (still working on this). This also makes you a voting member. All members in good standing can vote on topics presented by the officers or board members and will be automatically invited to the end of year banquet.

Unfortunately people that want to work on and ride the same trails, are few and far between.

Just wondering if any thought of "paying to play" has ever been reserched to help support/fund these types of endeavors, seems to work well for the Hatfield McCoy trails, and something in New England even on a small scale I assume would be very popular.

amount of time able to commit per week varies greatly dependent on location of trails being built.

If its way out by Thompson, maybe no time. Naugatuck state Forrest, i could easily commit several hours per week.

can you share any info on locations? at least a county?

Iam in the same boat, time spent building and maintaining trails would depend on location.
    NETRA B-Senior # 1900
    NECC # 349
    2014 KTM 250SX
    71 orange Heavy Chevy chevelle
    2006 GTO
    CT Rambler's MC Club

Quote Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
    amount of time able to commit per week varies greatly dependent on location of trails being built.

If its way out by Thompson, maybe no time. Naugatuck state Forrest, i could easily commit several hours per week.

can you share any info on locations? at least a county?
    There are several locations we are reviewing.

1. Cockaponset State Forest
    2. Gay City State Park
    3. Expansion and addition of single track at Pachaug State Forest
    4. Nipmunck State Forest
    5. Nachaug State Forest
    6. Shenipsit State Forest

and a few others..

The pay to play idea is a good one but, we are exploring a sticker program where funding will be directed to COREC for maintenance and trail projects. The state will still require registration and there is no way around it, we've tried to talk them out of it and it's not on the table for discussion at this time. Not every location will contain single track and some may be multi-use motorized trails.

CT nemba does a few days every month. I've worked one in Cromwell. It was a good time but there's no way I could commit to working every week somewhere.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

as expected, all but one of those is more than an hour from home and 90+min from work. That makes evening help hard. would be able to do some weekend work here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    CT nemba does a few days every month. I've worked one in Cromwell. It was a good time but there's no way I could commit to working every week somewhere.
    Perhaps if the poll was reworded to hours per month instead of per week. Would that change things for anyone?

Maybe list what you would be able to contribute instead of picking one of the poll options. List what would work best for you and I understand the distance thing. I know it sucks, I have a more than full time job as well.

I know NETRA will be heavy with volunteers and will be doing all of the trail mapping and designing in coordination with training I have received for sustainability from the NOHVCC and Del Albright.

What's up with those NEMBA guys anyway? I've tried to contact them in the past and no response. Are they not ok with motorized trails?

Quote Originally Posted by soulfire View Post
    What's up with those NEMBA guys anyway? I've tried to contact them in the past and no response. Are they not ok with motorized trails?
    NEMBA people are a tough crowd when it comes to moto. Who have you tried to contact, local Presidents (so many chapters!) or at a higher level?