View Poll Results: How Much Time Would You Put In?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

4 57.14%
  • 2-4 hours per week

1 14.29%
  • 4-6 hours per week

1 14.29%
  • 6-8 hours per week

0 0%
  • 8-12 hours per week

0 0%
  • Entire Weekend

0 0%
  • Some weekdays and most of the weekend

1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trail Building Volunteering

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    Between work and kids a couple hours a month is all I could reliably contribute. Didn't look at the specific locations so I don't know about distance but that obviously plays a role as well. No matter what, I'd be willing to help out whenever/however I could (my equipment is limited to a half decent chainsaw and a weed whacker) and I would have no issue with a sticker of some sort that allows me access for a fee so long as that fee goes to COREC directly rather than being funneled through the state first.
    Thanks Ian. It's funny you mention where the money goes. We have had several meetings with a few key state representatives which say the same thing. They want 0 dollars going to the state because we all know where it will end up in the current budget crisis and if it were to happen again, we could literally go broke and loose what ever trails we would have at that point. We agree 100% with your statement and I think many others do as well.

Considering the state took the money generated from concealed carry permits to help with the budget shortfalls, it's a valid concern.

State budget is 100% to buy votes

Those that vote for a living now exceeds those who work for a living
    USA doom sealed Dec. 2, 1970

It's been proven the state steals from everywhere it can when it screws something up. The concealed permits wasn't the only thing hit. Everything was hit. anything that had money in it and I bet a lot of it had to do with that useless bus line and that god forsaken stadium.

The sticker program will be instituted by COREC and since COREC will be a 501C4 nonprofit, the funds will return to the trails but like I said, the state will still require registration. This is the current case for the Thomaston Dam.

If we lived in Mass, if you even attended an event on private property, they require you to be registered which they are trying to fight. It's a mess up there but it's really just growing pains and it will happen here too. No one has all the answers and I'm sure things will come up that we didn't account for or expect even though we are planning this thing to death.
    Last edited by soulfire; 06-05-2017 at 07:43 AM.