Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sta-bil

I don't know to what extent those who don't use stabilizer have had clogged fuel systems, but the most telling to me was a set of carburetors I worked on for someone (who parked their bike all winter without it in there) and it was literally gummy inside the carbs. Like gel texture. Was a mess! Now, it doesn't matter if it's injected or carb'd because the fuel will react the same way, carbs just have the jets sitting directly in the fuel supply and injectors have the fuel sitting somewhere not in the nozzle... use the stabilizer and don't worry about it.

Stable at a little more than recommended

One Oz oil per oz fogging if I have it

Filled to the neck so little air chamber

Snow blower there was a poor winter so never used, It started and ran on the 2nd year

My brother VFR ran perfect with 1 year old gas
    USA doom sealed Dec. 2, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    Let's be serious. If it has an engine, sooner or later, you're going to spectacularly fuck it up.
    Too bad nobody leases overpriced lawn and garden equipment under a "luxury" brand name. That'd solve the problem for him.

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    Too bad nobody leases overpriced lawn and garden equipment under a "luxury" brand name. That'd solve the problem for him.
    They do, but it's in the commercial category.

https://www.deere.com/en/finance/fin...pment-leasing/
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

I have had stuff sit for years literally without sta-bil and zero issues.

The Toyota has sat for a year plus at a time and always fires right up and I never bother with the bikes over the winter but they do get a turn over mid winter on one of those "warm" days.

Yeah, I never used it on any fuel injected bike I had. But as someone said, if it does not hurt. Why not use it.
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

Lawn equipment and snowblower: like many, it seems, put the recommended amount in the gas can before going to the gas station. Filling up the gas can mixes it nicely.

Miata: the two tanks prior to storage, Stabil or StarTron gets mixed in based on my best guesstimate of the amount of fuel I'll be adding. No harm in slightly overdosing.

The biggest issue, according to my friends in the small engine business is the ethanol. Many issues with the rubber seals in the fuel system. For a while folks were switching away from StaBil to something specifically marketed as being good for ethanol stabilization but now StaBil has either switched their formula or their marketing on the bottle and they say they are good for fuels with ethanol in them also.

Talked to a Honda generator engineer and they had discovered that
    some E10 had 20% ethanol and their carburetors were trashed

Drain your bowls if sporatic use
    USA doom sealed Dec. 2, 1970