Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Riding opportunity here in CT, no reg required!

Ohh really. .

Flat track????
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

Quote Originally Posted by theducman View Post
    Ohh really. .

Flat track????
    Oh, that's another story for a different day! There isn't any place for a track like that there.

Iv'e Out lived my expiration date...........

that is awesome. Is there a facebook page with updates?
    2nd owner of theHawhandcordone

WHOA

#dirtyprince

Sounds like great progress!

Quote Originally Posted by soulfire View Post
    Oh, that's another story for a different day! There isn't any place for a track like that there.
    All you really need for a small flat track is an open field, and some bikes running in a circle long enough to kill the grass.

Shit we can do this in my yard, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    Sounds like great progress!

All you really need for a small flat track is an open field, and some bikes running in a circle long enough to kill the grass.
    everything is simple to a simple mind!!! (think about it)

Reed. a rider, a brother, a friend. though you have fallen you will never be forgotten and forever in our hearts you will be smiling down on us.

LRRS/CCS Expert #90 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

This being private property, there will be some rules to abide by that some might not like. We're working on a land use agreement with the land owner right now. They have some lofty ideas about what they want or expect from those who use the land and COREC. We're trying our best to simplify the land owners requirements in a way that protects the land owner, the riders, COREC and my 12 board of directors.

So here's some info about the property. Parking is not an issue on the property. The place is a registered club (Nothing to do with off roading) and COREC will be inducted as a member. This puts COREC and it's members under it's insurance but this doesn't mean we won't need our own. Anyone riding there will be required to have basic liability insurance on their machines but no registration is required. While we are working on the trails this coming spring, it will be a 50/50 work/play deal. Ideally, we would like to ride there without any sort of BS like insurances and regulations but at the end of the day, I have to protect my organization and the land owner has to cover his behind too. There's a lot of people involved in this since we have our own BoD and so do they but the good thing about this sort of set-up is that there is no one person in charge and decisions are made by a group. There's a lot at stake here and it's more than just a place to ride, campout, cookout and kill a few beers after a day of riding. I expect backlash but I'm not going to let something or someone screw this opportunity up for the organization or for anyone else. I have invested far to much time and money to let that happen. No matter the rules, this is still a land mark opportunity and we are getting national support from the AMA and the NOHVCC to make this land work. There has never been an area for multi-use trails in CT...ever and it's a beautiful and challenging place to ride. I'm not asking anyone to like the rules we have to set in place because we don't like it either but this is the reality and gravity of the situation.