Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing in 2018!

For you woods and mx dudes, netra isn't the only game in town. You DEFINITELY want to check out the JDay series, both GPs and the (better for starting out) sprint enduros. They aren't secrets, in fact from what I've seen, Jdays seem bigger currently than any motocross organization or woods organization in terms of participants.

As far as my racing plans, probably some kind of Jdays or mx here and there. Not planning to road race again, only because of the cost and safety.

Yea, JDays are definitely on my radar. Whats the difference between the GPs and Sprint Enduros?

I know one of the above has 3 "courses" per event and you get to do each course 2 times or something? That seams like the most fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    R6 I haven't decided what my plans are, endurance maybe?

Boxshop isn't on the radar, effort to reward ratio isn't there yet and I don't feel like doing the wrenching to change that right now.
    Color me interested in riding your R6 in an endurance race.

Curious, why no Boxshop? Is it just a function of the YZ being a bit too high maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by downshift View Post
    I'm committing to getting my race license for USCRA next spring. Lots of work to do on the bike between now and then but I'm really excited. Kurtz, fix your ZX600 so we can race
    That is on my agenda, but probably not this year.

In for LRRS. At some point the aliens won't show up, or I'll mysteriously get faster, right?

I don't forsee obtaining any other type of motorized cycle in the near future, but I wouldn't be opposed to embarrassing myself on a borrowed one in some fashion. And depending on how much I like it, I might get into some type of bicycle "race"...where my only goal will likely be to finish.
    LRRS/CCS EX #47 -RSP Racing / Tony's Track Days / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Dyno Solutions / Sport Bike Track Gear / Knox / Brunetto T-Shirts / 434 Racer Parts / GMD CompuTrack

2012 LRRS Champion, AM Thunderbike
    2018 LRRS Double Backup Champions, GTL and ULSB

RIP Reed 8/16/84 - 3/23/08
    RIP Vaughan 11/18/66 - 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    In for LRRS. At some point the aliens won't show up, or I'll mysteriously get faster, right?

I don't forsee obtaining any other type of motorized cycle in the near future, but I wouldn't be opposed to embarrassing myself on a borrowed one in some fashion. And depending on how much I like it, I might get into some type of bicycle "race"...where my only goal will likely be to finish.
    Go to flat track. Use my 100. we'll all get a good laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    Color me interested in riding your R6 in an endurance race. .
    Same here!!
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650

Quote Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
    Yea, JDays are definitely on my radar. Whats the difference between the GPs and Sprint Enduros?

I know one of the above has 3 "courses" per event and you get to do each course 2 times or something? That seams like the most fun to me.
    Jday GP: You vs others. It's on a course. Moto, Woods, and extreme section.

Jday Sprint Enduro: You vs the clock. Your cumulative time between the 4 sections gives you the overall finish place. Woods, Extreme, Moto and grass track (I think).

That's the gist anyways.
    Team Brown - LRRS #521

Quote Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
    Go to flat track. Use my 100. we'll all get a good laugh
    Or just spend $1000 and buy an XR100/TTR125. You can slap a pair of dual sport tires on it, and it makes a reasonable compromise for flat track, supermoto, and even some light trail riding.

Or just spend $1000 and buy an XR100/TTR125. You can slap a pair of dual sport tires on it, and it makes a reasonable compromise for flat track, supermoto, and even some light trail riding.
    Like my XR 100R.

Hope to grid up this year

But definitely track days, off road racing, flat track
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

Sell me your XR! (in a couple months!)
    Team Brown - LRRS #521