Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harbor Freight recalls utility trailer tires?

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    Which likely uses the same tires.
    I'm very curious to see if this is true. I'll take pics of my tires when I get home and post if those of us with TS trailers need to look out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    If the owner decided tomorrow that we'd change business models and start selling a product that would allow you to force bees to sting babies, I'd stay there as long as they kept compensating me the same way.
    Current Track Day to Crash Ratio: 10:3

Quote Originally Posted by downshift View Post
    I'm very curious to see if this is true. I'll take pics of my tires when I get home and post if those of us with TS trailers need to look out as well.
    HF and TSS are both owned by the same parent company. They share many of the same products and vendors. What makes you think they'd be any different? Simply from the profit margins aspect, it's easier and cheaper for them to buy from one supplier in bulk.
    Team Brown - LRRS #521

Quote Originally Posted by makct04 View Post
    What makes you think they'd be any different?
    Because they are two completely different trailers both in terms of their physical construction and payload capacity. There's literally nothing besides a holding company association that relates the two trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    If the owner decided tomorrow that we'd change business models and start selling a product that would allow you to force bees to sting babies, I'd stay there as long as they kept compensating me the same way.
    Current Track Day to Crash Ratio: 10:3

Quote Originally Posted by downshift View Post
    Because they are two completely different trailers both in terms of their physical construction and payload capacity. There's literally nothing besides a holding company association that relates the two trailers.
    Probably use the same purchasing agents and suppliers... like any good corporate entity would. Not to mention how easy it is to re-brand a tire... it's how China does business. One "brand" out the front door and a different one out the back. (I used to be an importer that bought from China, Taiwan, India and every once in a blue moon Japan)

is it really one out the front and a diff one out the back? pretty sure they all just go out the same door lol
    Matt V. 9/19/10

They have doors? I always assumed they just built the production shack on the edge of a river and tossed the finished product out a hole in the wall onto a raft floating outside.

IIRC, the trailers that TS, Lowes and Home Depot sell are all sourced from the same Canadian company under different labels, each brand getting unique variants so you can't directly compare models between the stores.
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P