Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeler: Seeking assistants for iOS development

Are you seeking assistance or assistants?

I am seeking assistants to provide assistance

9 mm barrels
    USA doom sealed Dec. 2, 1970

Its probably much better to focus on a particular platform first. If most of your friends are using iOS devices, it probably stands as the better way to go. Market share vs. Android is just about split down the middle so its not not like your limiting yourself either way.

I'll quiz a couple of the software engineers here to see if they know anyone that might be interested with regards to the graphic and audio side. TBH, I think many of the dev's just purchase audio, art and graphic libraries and use them when doing things like utilities. Games diff story of course...
    Matt V. 9/19/10

I picked ios because I use ios. That was the extent of my market analysis. I know I can hire people to do sound and artwork but that would cost money that I'm not willing to invest in a project that I don't know for sure is going to generate any revenue. Obviously I hope it will but this started out as a "can I do it" and has now turned into "can I do it better". The answer to the first one is yes. The second one is yes, but only with help.

I wish I had more time to help. You can actually code for all modern mobile systems simultaneously with .NET and Xamarin. Might be something to look into if you're already familiar with .NET and want to widen your audience.
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650

Not at all familiar with either platform. I thought about writing it in objective C and I have more recently seen some indications that Unity can be used as a universal platform but as I got into it I found that apple provides a pretty massive set of prebuilt functions for animations and such as part of their spritekit not to mention in app purchases, game center and so on that are largely dependent on swift. I could redo everything myself but it's just not worth it. Nor is it worth it to create and maintain a second version that is android friendly. If I had any intention of going full time with this sort of thing that would be the direction that I would go in but I don't see that happening unless things happen to build up over time.

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    Not at all familiar with either platform. I thought about writing it in objective C and I have more recently seen some indications that Unity can be used as a universal platform but as I got into it I found that apple provides a pretty massive set of prebuilt functions for animations and such as part of their spritekit not to mention in app purchases, game center and so on that are largely dependent on swift. I could redo everything myself but it's just not worth it. Nor is it worth it to create and maintain a second version that is android friendly. If I had any intention of going full time with this sort of thing that would be the direction that I would go in but I don't see that happening unless things happen to build up over time.
    Yeah agreed, keeping two code bases is a ton of work. Hence the Xamarin suggestion, you would be keeping one codebase. But I totally get not wanting to redo anything, nor learn an entire new language (unless you wanted to learn it of course).
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650