Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Track Bike Ride and Repair Pics

If you can get your hands on solid works. Go that route. If your son is a student with .edu email he may be able to hook you up.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Alternatively, try google sketchup. I haven't used it myself but im told it's quite good.

Take a look at Autocad360 as well. When you register, say you're an individual/entrepreneur and they'll give you a year free, and then you can repeat each year the same way for free. I've used it to share designs with machinists before.
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

Thanks for the ideas!

I will check them out.

I tried painting up the couple of pieces I had printed out already, and although the finishes and rough, they actually look really nice on the bike.

The marks on the left hand side of the mirror covers, which are the pieces with the two holes, has something to do with the way we created the drawing.

I repainted the tailpiece and a part of the faring and I still got a crazy amount of orange peel. Iím gonna have a little research as to why the clear is going on so lumpy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Iíve attached a picture of the repainted tailpiece, it has too much orange peel, so I need to watch some YouTube videos and wet sand and clear it again.

Iíve also attached a picture of the fairing. The right side tip on the faring broke off in the lowside. I fiberglassed it back on, sanded it, used a filling compound we used to call ďred leadĒ and then primed and painted it. It also has too much orange peel so needs to be sanded and re-sprayed, or buffed.

I also attached a picture of the gas tank cover, which got scratched when the bike flipped upside down, the same low side flip that damage the tank in the previous pictures.

cool design work.

what filler compound did you use? i need to repair my track fairings and have some gouges to fill.
    Last edited by Tas; 02-28-2018 at 07:51 PM.
    2004 SV650
    2004 TT-R125LE
    LRRS/CCS #246 Woodcraft / Armour Bodies/ Northeast Performance Cycle / Central Mass Powersports

I used Bondo brand glazing and spot putty, which fills very small to small scratches and once sanded, you would primer the panel. It sands super easily, which makes it very easy to use. Because its so "soft" you can't reshape a panel like you could with regular plastic filler.

Thanks for the info. I need to get on that asap.
    2004 SV650
    2004 TT-R125LE
    LRRS/CCS #246 Woodcraft / Armour Bodies/ Northeast Performance Cycle / Central Mass Powersports