Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Dirt Rides, Bikes, and discussion

So I have a trade offer on the table, a plated 01 KDX220 for my 98 DR350. Seems to be in decent condition, but it’s a couple hours away, and I have zero two-stroke experience and zero idea of what to look for. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mattr302 View Post
    So I have a trade offer on the table, a plated 01 KDX220 for my 98 DR350. Seems to be in decent condition, but it’s a couple hours away, and I have zero two-stroke experience and zero idea of what to look for. Thoughts?
    Ask if it's a stock piston, it's probably not but if it is definitely ditch it they grenade.
    Check swing arm bearings and all bearings. Bottom shock bearing goes all the time. I recently replaced mine.

Does it have a pipe? If so what kind? Check the kicker, they wear out and are not cheap New. Check the head light too. Suspension might need a rebuild depending on if and when it was done last. My forks looked like the oil turned to mud.

The kdx is a great bike but they are used and abused. My 1k bike turned into a restoration project.

Oh and ask if the bike has the stock reeds or an aftermarket rad valve. I have the rad valve and I ordered stock reeds. It's something that I wished I ask the last owners
    Last edited by theducman; 12-20-2018 at 06:25 AM.
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

When they are old I always heard a little ringing as the piston slaps. Checks idle once warmed up, if it wont stay lit its week.

I loved my DR350
    USA doom sealed Dec. 2, 1970