Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirt Rides, Bikes, and discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mattr302 View Post
    A street plate good enough to ride at Thomaston? or do you need the off-road reg too?

Street plate is fine there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might ride at the mmc this weekend. I for see me falling... a lot
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

Quote Originally Posted by mattr302 View Post
    A street plate good enough to ride at Thomaston? or do you need the off-road reg too?
    Street plate from any state. Atv plate from only a few select states. Can't recall the list, but it's only like 4 states and I think PA is one of them

Edit: they don't actually check paperwork, or really know what they are looking at, so just slap any of your street bike plates on the dirtbike.
    Last edited by ITGbuDeev; 04-02-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    Thomaston Dam is only 15 minutes away from me now. A few of us went there on some Saturdays last season, and the very last week they were open it occurred to me I could go on weekdays...and I did. Shoot there after work, ride for an hour, home before dark, and that's about as close as I can get to having riding in my back yard. I intend to do that a lot more this season, so if anyone else thinks that weekday afternoon rides are something they are interested in...let's make it a thing.
    In. Tuesday’s and Thursday’s are booked for me so I’m feeling Dirty Monday’s.

I keep going back and forth with a hitch mount or a ramp/bed extended combo. Any opinions? Bike will end up with me all day at work. Bouncing around on construction sites. Sitting in cities where I need to parallel park. So I’m leaning towards bed for security alone.
    Last edited by drinkingmymilk; 04-02-2018 at 08:32 PM.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
    Can't wait to get out there and sign up for my first JDay sprint enduro!
    Round 1 for sprint enduro is Southwick May 12
    Round 1 for Jday GP is comin right up, Southwick April 15!

I did the open practice the past two Saturdays at Southwick MX. First one was too crowded, second one was MINT. Another is this coming Saturday, and that’s the last one for a while. 35 bucks and ride till you can’t. Y’all should sign up! It’s a real treat to ride that track, and its been MUCH more expensive and difficult to get track time there for the past few decades than it is right now. Kyle, that bike will go fine out there without the charging system working!

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    In. Tuesday’s and Thursday’s are booked for me so I’m feeling Dirty Monday’s.

I keep going back and forth with a hitch mount or a ramp/bed extended combo. Any opinions? Bike will end up with me all day at work. Bouncing around on construction sites. Sitting in cities where I need to parallel park. So I’m leaning towards bed for security alone.
    I can't do Monday's, I coach at 630. And if I were you I'd go full width folding ramp and bed. Simplifies parallel parking and more secure-ish. Does your ladder rack go high enough to get the bike in under it?

Ladder rack fits into the pockets and comes out so that’s not an issue.

Full width ramp? That’s a pita to store. I already have 2-12” ramps. My worry is them walking away from the bed of the truck through out my day. A bed extended at least appears more secure in the truck.
    Last edited by drinkingmymilk; 04-03-2018 at 08:11 AM.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Hydration packs, are they a must for woods riding? I assume that they would be
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

I plan to ride trails a lot more this year, I hope. My bike is a 2016 Beta Xtrainer 300, sadly I’ve had it for 2 years now and have just 150 miles on it.
    I could host some small rides at my farm once I clear the trails from the recent storm damage. I have about 7 miles of trails so far, half are typical New England rocks, roots and stumps. With a few weekends of work, could easily double or even triple the trail miles here.

Quote Originally Posted by theducman View Post
    Hydration packs, are they a must for woods riding? I assume that they would be
    I just bought one for MTB. Super convenient not having to undo the bag and reach in for a bottle of water. I bought a 3L which is a little big. I might grab a 1.5L one to try out if I like the smaller one better.

Plus it'll be helpful to carry a few basic tools and a spare tube.
    Team Brown - LRRS #521