Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Camping + MTB

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northford, CT
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JcbDemo View Post
    Thanks Chris I'll check it out. You hear how they are remodeling OSC B?
    Of course. My mother still works up there.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

    Matt 9/19/10

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Nortford, CT
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Forget the state campgrounds, look at the private ones. I used to camp a bit (before kids). The one I really liked got sold to the state, who then shut down most of it, including the really nice, secluded tent sites.

    I've been to this one a couple of times http://www.beaverpinescampground.com/. They have some nice remote tent sites. The one I used to go to (R3, I think) you couldn't get to with a normal vehicle, had to be 4WD. Or the owners would shuttle your stuff in on their UTV. I haven't been in about 10 years or so, so no guarantees.
    Last edited by bryan217; 04-16-2018 at 07:05 AM.
    If these aren't the best times of your life (yet), you're doing something wrong.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Glastonbury CT
    Posts
    1,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bryan217 View Post
    Forget the state campgrounds, look at the private ones. I used to camp a bit (before kids). The one I really liked got sold to the state, who then shut down most of it, including the really nice, secluded tent sites.

    I've been to this one a couple of times http://www.beaverpinescampground.com/. They have some nice remote tent sites. The one I used to go to (R3, I think) you couldn't get to with a normal vehicle, had to be 4WD. Or the owners would shuttle your stuff in on their UTV. I haven't been in about 10 years or so, so no guarantees.
    Idk if you're responding to thread-jacking Kurtz (:P don't ban me) or not but it looks like that place does allow alcohol.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Nortford, CT
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Yeah, responding to the thread jack. I can vouch that they have no problem with alcohol.
    If these aren't the best times of your life (yet), you're doing something wrong.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Glastonbury CT
    Posts
    1,786

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    25,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bryan217 View Post
    Yeah, responding to the thread jack. I can vouch that they have no problem with alcohol.
    Awesome. I'll check that place out.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Meriden
    Posts
    18,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    So, tot totally hijack this thread:

    Anyone know of any campgrounds within an hour or two of New Haven that a little less family friendly than others?

    Not looking to do meth and murder people, but some buddies and I wanted to go camping. We used to go to a friend's property in VT, but that's gotten more difficult as people's schedules got more complex. We just wanna be able to drink(lots of CT campgrounds don't allow alcohol) and sit around a fire BSing past 10pm.
    Pitch as many tents as you want in my back yard. Park the RV in the front. There's a fire pit, speakers, and miles of woods for the murdering.
    LRRS/CCS Amateur #514 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    This place is about as family friendly as donkey porn.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Noel is my hero

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seymour, CT
    Posts
    5,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JcbDemo View Post
    This looks cool. Let us know how you like it and the difficulty levels of the trails
    -Darek

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    25,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CamaroJockey View Post
    Pitch as many tents as you want in my back yard. Park the RV in the front. There's a fire pit, speakers, and miles of woods for the murdering.
    Park the RV in the BACK.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northford, CT
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JcbDemo View Post
    Idk if you're responding to thread-jacking Kurtz (:P don't ban me) or not but it looks like that place does allow alcohol.
    No place allows alcohol. But Iíve never been kicked out sitting around a fire with beers/bourbons/brunch cocktails or even for any strange ďsmellsĒ coming from our site. Basically itís a get out of jail free card for camp grounds. Be an asshole, they spot a beer and can toss you.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

    Matt 9/19/10

Similar Threads

  1. Where to go camping?
    By CtRacer51 in forum Bull Pen
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 07:39 AM
  2. Camping @ NJMP for 21/22
    By Racer 1979 in forum TonysTrackDays
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 02:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •