Thread: Any avaya Gurus here

Default Any avaya Gurus here

I setup a basic IP office 500 v2 phone system 3 years ago. The unit has 2 cards in it. 1 digital card for ext and and one combo card. The other day all phones just stopped working. The phones are just blank.
    I am able to log in to the phone system via web browsers and from what i can tell things are up and running.
    Its a very basic setup.
    Things i have done
    1. Re-seated both cards
    2. Took out one card booted nothing
    3. Even moved cards to different slots nothing.
    When i log in all the ext show as unplugged as well.

Could both cards be fried?
    There are two phone lines when i plug them in to the combo car i have green lights for the lines so they seem to be up.

The only indicators I have are ports 1 and 9 on each card blink red.

Thanks for any help
    Mike

Any new firewall, managed switches, or similar type devices on the network? Could be a port blocking issue.
    Is it a single LAN line to the base unit that extends out to your network or is there more than one port? Could be a bad port that's allowing enough traffic through to get the web interface up but not the higher bandwidth of VOIP.
    In any system it's unlikely, though not impossible, for multiple parts to go bad simultaneously though it's certainly possible that one failure cascaded into another. However, I'd be more inclined to blame the base unit rather than the cards. Is there a factory reset/firmware reset you can do?

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    Any new firewall, managed switches, or similar type devices on the network? Could be a port blocking issue.
    Is it a single LAN line to the base unit that extends out to your network or is there more than one port? Could be a bad port that's allowing enough traffic through to get the web interface up but not the higher bandwidth of VOIP.
    In any system it's unlikely, though not impossible, for multiple parts to go bad simultaneously though it's certainly possible that one failure cascaded into another. However, I'd be more inclined to blame the base unit rather than the cards. Is there a factory reset/firmware reset you can do?

Nothing new added. The phones are digital not VOIP. They have two analog lines that plug in to the combo card. I could try and reset the unit not completely familiar with avaya reset process. I can access the box via the web interface and the management software on the computer. Let me know what other thoughts you have.
    Thanks
    Mike

So run me through the setup then. 2 analog lines are for what? Incoming lines? Fax machines? All other lines are digital so is there a separate port on the base unit for each extension and a dedicated wire out to said extension or is there some sort of distribution panel involved?

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    So run me through the setup then. 2 analog lines are for what? Incoming lines? Fax machines? All other lines are digital so is there a separate port on the base unit for each extension and a dedicated wire out to said extension or is there some sort of distribution panel involved?

two analog lines are for your incoming lines.
    Each phone has a dedicated wire. See attached images
    Green are ext ports red are the analog telephone lines the incoming phones lines coming from the street.
    Attached Images Attached Images