Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought I had the right helmet...

Default I thought I had the right helmet...

My Bell RS1 is expiring (for LRRS) this October. It fits pretty well everywhere, but my long face has my chin pretty close to the bottom front of the helmet. I'm trying a Bell Star in the same size to replace it, but the helmet chinbar rests about one finger-width away from my chin, and very easily contacts my chin when simulating a face-first impact. Any thoughts/experience on what helmet might protect this pretty face better, while still fitting the rest of my noggin?
    LRRS/CCS EX #47 -RSP Racing / Tony's Track Days / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Dyno Solutions / Sport Bike Track Gear / Knox / Brunetto T-Shirts / 434 Racer Parts / GMD CompuTrack

2012 LRRS Champion, AM Thunderbike
    2018 LRRS Double Backup Champions, GTL and ULSB

RIP Reed 8/16/84 - 3/23/08
    RIP Vaughan 11/18/66 - 9/19/10

Any helmet that fits properly and is dot and snell approved. Oh and I only trust ece rating oh and my mom has to approve. And be sure it’s made of admantium, that’s important because it has the right ratio of flex and stiffness. Don’t forget to buy it on Tuesday. That’s the safest day to buy a helmet. Anyone that says otherwise is a lier and trying to get you injured. They are scum. Red helmets are faster but yellow is safer so make the right call for you. I like aria and scorpion but if I’m being honest only a hjc xqtRR17$#WTF from 2014 fits my head correctly AND NOTHING ELSE. Not that you asked but I wanted to inject that piece of valueless information anyways. Oh and before I forget Bell has mip technology. I don’t know what that is but you definitely need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    he's a social liability
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
    Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.

Dude black helmets are way faster than red! I’ll give you scientific proof! The black absorbs the sunlight, therefore being hotter, therefore heating the micro thin layer of surrounding air, which is less dense and cuts through the normal atmospheric air which is slightly denser! Duh!? Aren’t you a genius engineer-type!?

Quote Originally Posted by JHawley View Post
    everybody wants to be black till the cops show up.

What helmet(s) have you tried on recently? Which brand/model fit you?
    Team Brown - LRRS #521

Quote Originally Posted by FasYankee View Post
    Dude black helmets are way faster than red! Iíll give you scientific proof! The black absorbs the sunlight, therefore being hotter, therefore heating the micro thin layer of surrounding air, which is less dense and cuts through the normal atmospheric air which is slightly denser! Duh!? Arenít you a genius engineer-type!?
    Soooo I take it you don't wear a black helmet???
    2004 SV650
    2004 TT-R125LE
    LRRS/CCS #246 Woodcraft / Armour Bodies/ Northeast Performance Cycle / Central Mass Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by makct04 View Post
    What helmet(s) have you tried on recently? Which brand/model fit you?
    This dude can hook you up! I got a great deal on my Race Star!
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650

I had a Shoei X12 and currently a Scorpion EXO-R2000 that both have some decent room, chin to helmet.

My Arai Signet-Q and HJC RPHA-11 both have short chin to helmet spacing, about one finger like your Bell.

Are you sure the Bell Star is the correct size for your head? It seems odd that it would move forward/backward, or roll over enough to contact your chin. Almost like the size is too big and loose for your head.

if you can find one Shark's higher end helmets fit long narrow heads really well.

Bill - One thing I dislike about my reg. star is also that the chin bar being closed than other helmets. Since we might have a very similar head shape, for what its worth, one helmet that fit my head really REALLY well was a shoei qwest. Maybe that can help with figuring out similar fit helmets.
    Matt V. 9/19/10