Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I want a WR250R?

Garandman has one.
    Here's a read for you: http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...50r-80921.html

Also, the 2013+ CRF250L is also fuel injected, can find them well under $4g too.

Get a Ktm 250 2 stroke. Light, plenty of power. They start really easy even kicking. I can start mine with flip flops on. Jetting is simple. I change it for ice riding and dirt. What’s your budget?

Budget is a strange one. I want cheap. But I want reliable. I’ve learned my lesson over the years and know how I care for things. Many people don’t and I’m not ok with that so I’m leaning new and that makes the wr250r at $6100 seem very attractive. It worries me that sticker is all I’m looking at. Hence the thread.

The CRF does not come with an adjustable suspension. It’s also down on power.

The klx does have the suspenders but does not have the power or ergos.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

It's a turd. Especially if you're looking at $6000, there has to be better shit in that range. that money will go far for a used, street legal, real dirt bike.

No way I'd buy a new dual sport that was going to see woods duty. Even the real nice low-miles WR's are in the $4000-5000 range. Heck I saw one on CL the other day that had both X and R wheel sets for like $4500.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    It's a turd. Especially if you're looking at $6000, there has to be better shit in that range. that money will go far for a used, street legal, real dirt bike.
    But was it a turd because you raced it or because itís actually a turd?

The internet is a huge mixed bag on it. I agree for 6k there may be other bikes that are better. But are there better bikes I can buy brand new? That for ~5-10 years I can do oil changes and tires and worry about nothing else? That is my question.

I want to hit a button and go. With the nephew and wife who thinks Iím Daren jr. Iíve got enough shit to deal with. I am not looking for projects.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by mattr302 View Post
    No way I'd buy a new dual sport that was going to see woods duty. Even the real nice low-miles WR's are in the $4000-5000 range. Heck I saw one on CL the other day that had both X and R wheel sets for like $4500.
    Link?
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Itís actually a turd. Heavy, slow, poor suspension. Itíll be lot more DR650 than TTR230.

Motorcycles are always compromises. That one compromises a lot of off road capability in an effort to be very streetable...which you donít care so much about.

Seriously, if you get a good used KTM with street title, there is no reason to expect it to be a project. Yes, they are all tall, but thatís to give ground clearance, which you want. Thatís another compromise of the WR250R; be lower to be more street/new rider friendly, at the expense of off road capability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needs to have plate and you need an ability to get it to
    Pachaug 250 is fine for New England single tracks

Also MANY fun Netra events

You can pretty much register anything under 300 cc in Vermont
    USA doom sealed Dec. 2, 1970

Chris, you're welcome to ride my kdx if you want. Just to get a feel for it. It's a good trail bike and it cost me a grand to buy it and about 300 to fix her up. She sat in garage for a few years.

But with a budget like yours, I can find you something street legal.
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters