Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Brake caliper cleaning

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    beacon falls
    Posts
    6,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrismpero View Post
    Nope that wasn't him.. older guy, 50's
    not tattooed car painter Aaron. Stupid fast 50's rocket scientist aaron, rode an aprilia, now an R1

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    S.E. CT
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
    not tattooed car painter Aaron. Stupid fast 50's rocket scientist aaron, rode an aprilia, now an R1
    Lol! I know not our Aaron, but the name Aaron doesn't ring a bell.. i remember being in one of his classes in NJ as well.

    Graham!! Lol, I thought of it while having my coffee
    Last edited by chrismpero; 08-14-2018 at 10:00 AM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pomfret
    Posts
    10,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrismpero View Post
    Lol! I know not our Aaron, but the name Aaron doesn't ring a bell.. i remember being in one of his classes in NJ as well.

    Graham!! Lol, I thought of it while having my coffee
    You could have just said Aussie.

    He's a business man not an engineer.
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #856 ECK RacingGMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    S.E. CT
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    You could have just said Aussie.

    He's a business man not an engineer.
    Lol alrighty then!

    Sucks getting old'ish
    Last edited by chrismpero; 08-14-2018 at 12:11 PM.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    I always take the pistons out, spray them with brake cleaner and scrub with a toothbrush or one of those blue sponges that have the softer scrubbing pad. rinse with water. dip into clean brake fluid upon reinstallation. pistons come out rather easily- I do mine frequently when doing a brake fluid flush

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Meriden
    Posts
    18,210

    Default

    So, what oil does everyone use?
    LRRS/CCS Amateur #514 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    This place is about as family friendly as donkey porn.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Noel is my hero

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Killingworth, CT
    Posts
    7,331

    Default

    I didn’t read any of the replies but you have the whole front end off and other than having to bleed the brakes why wouldn’t you do a rebuild? It’s your brakes man. Don’t be lazy & half ass shit that could save your life. Sorry for being so crass but I’ve been in a fuck-you mood all week.

    Quote Originally Posted by JHawley View Post
    everybody wants to be black till the cops show up.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hamden
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    The bike has been super well maintained by the PO who is a factory-trained Triumph technician; the old pads were almost new, the seals aren't leaking, the brakes worked incredibly well. The calipers aren't super cruddy, I just want to get the fork oil off them before reassembling. Going to just use some soapy water and a toothbrush since I trust Kurlon saying the ultrasonic cleaner is a bad idea.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Southington, CT
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattr302 View Post
    The bike has been super well maintained by the PO who is a factory-trained Triumph technician; the old pads were almost new, the seals aren't leaking, the brakes worked incredibly well. The calipers aren't super cruddy, I just want to get the fork oil off them before reassembling. Going to just use some soapy water and a toothbrush since I trust Kurlon saying the ultrasonic cleaner is a bad idea.
    If just cleaning I do the same with soapy water and toothbrush.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hamden
    Posts
    11,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FasYankee View Post
    I didnít read any of the replies but you have the whole front end off and other than having to bleed the brakes why wouldnít you do a rebuild? Itís your brakes man. Donít be lazy & half ass shit that could save your life. Sorry for being so crass but Iíve been in a fuck-you mood all week.
    you can come hang out with me,Iim back in wallyworld!
    2nd owner of theHawhandcordone

    WHOA


    #dirtyprince

Similar Threads

  1. Pre-drilled Titanium Bolt M10x25 (SV brake caliper) - $7.75@
    By DucatiMichael in forum Gear, Parts or Accessories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-28-2015, 09:16 PM
  2. Brake caliper pistons tot nextending equally?
    By mattr302 in forum The Garage
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 01:35 PM
  3. brake caliper rebuild, and bleed
    By crazyirish101 in forum The Garage
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 06:41 AM
  4. Rear Brake caliper
    By jiggs500 in forum The Garage
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 05:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •