Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fender rolling

Nice car man

Baseball will do the same thing. Either way you do it, with a roller or with a bat take your time. Going to fast can crack the paint and fixing that properly will require going up your quarter over the roof and down the other quarter. Not a cheap fix
    Edit: just realized you said front fenders. Still the same advice
    Last edited by Daimian; 09-20-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    If My Jokes Offend You
    1. I'm Sorry
    2. It'll Never Happen Again
    3. 1&2 Are Lies
    4. You're A Pussy

Is using a heat gun good advise? Always see people mentioning that on the forums.
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Yes and no, obviously too hot or directly on the paint is a bad idea. Also with an older car you have to be aware of what kinda paint / clear was used ie lacour paints. I’m sure Arron can shed more light on those factors than I could. If available I would use a heat lamp / radiant heater
    Last edited by MFChop; 09-21-2018 at 10:11 AM.

The only time paint would be any softer when using a heat gun would be within the first 90 days of it being painted. After 90 days paint is as hard as it’s going to get and it will not soften. So. I would say no. A heat gun is pointless. You’re not making the metal hot enough for it to become more workable with a heat gun and you’re not softening the paint either sooooo that would be my take on it.
    If My Jokes Offend You
    1. I'm Sorry
    2. It'll Never Happen Again
    3. 1&2 Are Lies
    4. You're A Pussy

Well I stand corrected on the heat factor

Quote Originally Posted by Daimian View Post
    The only time paint would be any softer when using a heat gun would be within the first 90 days of it being painted. After 90 days paint is as hard as itís going to get and it will not soften. So. I would say no. A heat gun is pointless. Youíre not making the metal hot enough for it to become more workable with a heat gun and youíre not softening the paint either sooooo that would be my take on it.
    This is what I would have assumed, but the reason why I asked.... I figured you would have a definitive answer... Thanks
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Just slam it more cut the fenders and put flares on. That’s what I’ll the cool kids do

Not sure why you’re mocking this so much.

This is not some new trendy bs you’re making out to be. Rolling fenders has been around for ever for exactly this reason. The wheels and tires on the car are not some how odd or inappropriate for the car. I didn’t cut the springs or fit some trash in there that dosent belong. Everything on it is by design and of good quality. That doesn’t mean I didn’t over look something.

Just because a group co-opted the term stance and flush to make goofing looking cars pancaked to the ground doesn’t mean that some of those things didn’t exist way way before and are considered legitimate modifications. You’re the one that drives a riced out celica not me so fuck off.
    Last edited by ninja fruit; 09-22-2018 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    he's a social liability
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
    Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.

Actually wasn’t at all, sarcasm. I get your reasoning i like the stance of your car so you need to. Although that body style does look cool with flares that’s why I said it

And my celica is in the least bit riced our and hell ive put maybe 200 miles on that thing in the last 5yrs anyways haha

Erbody has a different preference for titties some like small and perky some like big and orb by but none the less we all can agree we love titties. Except Noel that dude likes pecs

And not for nothing but for someone who’ll likes to be a sarcastic asshole and smack talker on here you get mighty butt hurt quick. Maybe you should develop some thicker skin smh
    Last edited by MFChop; 09-22-2018 at 03:24 PM.