Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daytona Oct 2018 CCS Race of Champions

I hear ya Mike, but it's hard talking over these two nutcases I'm living with this week, lol. I'll try to find the time to post up a more detailed version.

Race day up at 5:30. Got amateur GTL and lightweight supersport today.

How did it go? How are the entries?

Saturday was good, not great. Got fourth in GTL and fifth in lightweight supersport.

Today was great! Got a fifth in Lightweight GP and thirds in Ultralight Superbike and Formula 40.

I brought a knife to a gunfight, but damn did this little bike work. F40 was the top 3 in a line back and forth for the whole race.

Got some great video to come up soon. Thought I had broken thumb after some debris hit me down the back straight at 130 mph. Almost ran into the wall, lol. Run through the grass and kept it up, for the third time this year, I'm learning
    Last edited by PeaPod; 10-21-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Sounds like you had a great time. I slightly miss it.

Cool Rob, thanks for the updates!

I'm going to be posting up the commentary over the next few days and videos on YouTube. Gonna do it piecemeal so check back in every so often. Tonights edition is the arrival and trackday experience.

Arrival

Going to start by thanking Jaime Cortez and Tyler Wasserbauer for offering up their services to truck our bikes down to Daytona Beach from the top of Vermont. Must of been hell.

So this weekend was a bucket list kinda thing if I did well during the season at Loudon...and someone would drive truck my bike down there. I was lucky to see Tyler post up that he was going down and linked up wit my friend Jesse to connect. Got things coordinated, and Jaime took my bike with him the last weekend of Loudon. I wouldn't see it for a few weeks until we got in FL.

Flew out of Manchester, NH with my buddy Jesse. We arrived to the airport 45 minutes before our flight. We managed to get our bags checked, the car parked, and through security in 45 minutes. By the way, sprockets and chains just barely squeek by security. They didn't know whether to confiscate them or let me go with them.

Got into Orlando and drove to Daytona to the track and the bikes had already been unloaded and set up within an hour! Got registered and credentialed, went in and got my sprocket on and adjusted my brakes, which have been an ongoing issue. Ready for the trackday tomorrow, we headed back to our beachfront hotel. The room we had was perfect! No one above, below or to the side of us to make noise, a balcony to sit and watch the beachfront and listen to waves! Just friggin awesome. Went over to a restaurant, Crabby Joe's, on a pier within walking distance and had their double burger and double fried fish challenge. Me and my buddy Joe split this in half. For $10 a piece we each got a 1/2lb burger and 1/2lb of fried fish and french fries! Friggin awesome deal to cap the night off. Kind of got some sleep that night but not much.