Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BoRn is out of $$$

Exclamation BoRn is out of $$$

Well here's the sad truth - BoRn is out of money, it costs Dima and I about $50 a month to keep the site up and running. The only funds we ever had were from Tony's Track Day sales and we used those to fund the website and the occasional drinks when we did social events. I'm not sure if Tony will be providing us with any spots for this year to sell off.

With that being said, its either we shut it down, give it to someone else to manage, have you guys donate, or come up with other solutions.

Thoughts?
    I don't really ride, but when I do... I'm faster than you!

I would hate to see this get taken down. How about a save born party somewhere?
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

Born has, unfortunately, been dead for a while.

It's an adapt-or-die world, and we've been trying to maintain a situation that flourished 10 years ago, while the people that caused it to flourish have been stepping away.

If someone wants to take it on and adapt, I'll be happy to stay on as referee. Otherwise, the writing has been on ththe wall for years.

Bottom line 75% of us don’t even street ride if ride at all - riding is no longer a social event like it was 10 years ago. Sure track days or maybe a random meet up. But the motorcycle community as a whole from what I see is dying and has been for years.

We’ve kept the site alive just because of the memories and etc... but i feel its time to move on. Place is a ghost town and has been for a while.
    I don't really ride, but when I do... I'm faster than you!

Iíll be pretty sad to see it go as well...but I also canít see a way to really Ďsaveí it, in the sense that this forum will never really be a very active discussion community again, like it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean this will be the end of existence of Noel??? Say it ain’t so!?!?
    Last edited by Tas; 12-27-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    2004 SV650
    2004 TT-R125LE
    LRRS/CCS #246 Woodcraft / Armour Bodies/ Northeast Performance Cycle / Central Mass Powersports

Hell of a run here ladies and gents ….

Happy to have been part of it .

Maybe see some of you out riding somewhere, sometime.

P.S. if you need a few bucks during shutdown , I would chip in some.
    Last edited by TIMMYDUCK; 12-27-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    Noxen you may be gone but you will never not be forgotten. Godspeed to you always............

Raybusa0818 you may be gone also, but you will never be forgotten. Godspeed to you always.................

Matt V ..........Godspeed to you , I know...

I'll host a born is dead gathering if needed
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Its true, sadly

Do we have enough to sell it to a commercial thing ? My stromtroopers is now run by some commercial deal with adds etc. but not too obnoxious. I appreciate you have been shelling out cash and you should NOT have to do that

I have dutifully posted street rides for the last like 5 years but got ZERO response. I think I was on 1 ride with bornies in that period

I do say the sites ARE great resources for other parts of your life especially handy type projects..

Well,, thanks again and have a good life,, I have
    USA doom sealed Dec. 2, 1970

I’ll miss the site and the easy resource. I like Rich’s suggestion though. Any way to sell ad space or such?
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

"If you can blame guns for crime, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

I speak 3 languages. English, Sarcastic, and Sexual Innuendo. Which would you like to hear?

LRRS #612 (now accepting sponsors/endorsements )